Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Difference between "Throttle" and "Thrust Lever"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TonyC said:
HA! I found the same "decal" placard on the 727 throttle quadrant today "<---- INCREASE THRUST". I hadn't noticed it before.

Makes ya wonder - - who woulda thunk ta move 'em the other direction to increase thrust?!?

I had a female student who had a problem with the correct use of the throttle. Then the light bulb went on. She looked at me and said,"Hey it's like intercourse. Shove it in to go and pull it back to stop."

www.bdkingpress.com

Donsa320 said:
Fact is...on steam locomotives you pull the throttle BACK to increase speed and of course you move it FORWARD to slow...go figure, but they had them first circa 1830 <big grin>

~DC
nosehair said:
Lots of small engines work that way; generators, pumps, etc.

Now that you mention it, I must admit. I often get confused while sitting in the front seat about whether I'm in an airplane or a locomotive. :) I also often confuse -15 motors with small engines. :) Without the Flight Engineer and the INCREASE THRUST --> decal, I'd be dangerous.

Ouu, wait... y'all don't have to comment on that last statement! :D

Everyone is wrong wrong wrong, just ask the seasoned aircraft makers in Brazil and they will tell you that they are N1 request levers. Geeez, don't the teach you old guys anything?

I hope you all know a joke when you see it. Otherwise flame away.

TonyC said:
Boeing calls 'em Throttles, at least they did when I was flying last night. :)

What was the third line of that GPWS/Red windshear light phase one again?

YGBSM said:
What was the third line of that GPWS/Red windshear light phase one again?
Well, OK, so there seems to be confusion even in the manual for the 727 I have. "Throttles" and "thrust levers" are both used liberally, and apparently refer to the same mechanical devices.

I'm stickin' to "Essential power!"

:)

Latest resources

Back