• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did USAir hard landing play a factor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As you can see, I do not post much on here. I read for entertainment value and sometimes even find some educational posts. What I thought was going to be some memorial about I guy none of can get out of are head. Now what I am reading is reportedly bunch of "Professional" pilots taking jabs about a couple of their own because a couple of tires blew.

I am not an airline pilot as you can see. I have a license to learn. However, I offer this advice. Unless you were in the cockpit on the said flight reserve your comments about the media experts interpretation as to what happened. Was it a hard landing? Or, was it a hard landing because when the nose wheel settled to the ground the tires blew? Not for me to judge. I will Wait for the NTSB report first. There are a host of things it could be.

It is so sad to see reported adult "professional aviators" make some of the comments I read.

Now, as far as Billy May's is concerned I feel for his family. I am sorry to here of anyone's early departure. It will be interesting to see the full results of the autopsy to see if getting hit in the head on the airplane. Again, I will wait for the coroner's determination just like I will wait for the NTSB to report.

Last edited:
Great landing. Some of those old Eastie pilots need to either practice their landings more in the sim or just retire. Those old, dilapidated USAirways 737-300/400s should be replaced ASAP as well...

Wow, how'd you figure that out before the autopsy was completed? Results will be released this afternoon. I know it's in our nature to think ahead, but I'll just wait for the doctors on this one.

He PROBABLY got a concussion from the bag hitting him in the head, and then he unfortunately went to sleep without supervision. I don't think you are supposed to do that. Yes, he had heart disease too, but the concussion probably led to something else.

What was up with that landing anyway? I would like to hear how that whole thing happen? Tight approach? The two pilots looked like they were both close to 60 years old too.(just an observation....)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Great landing. Some of those old Eastie pilots need to either practice their landings more in the sim or just retire. Those old, dilapidated USAirways 737-300/400s should be replaced ASAP as well...

How about a mentor program? Pair up an old pilot with an RJ stick and rudder kid and teach the old pilot how to fly again.

(I am not bashing old pilots, but I am bashing the proposed mentor program).

Latest resources

Back