• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did USAir hard landing play a factor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got a source? I did a quick web surf and found nothing about cause of death.

Wow, how'd you figure that out before the autopsy was completed? Results will be released this afternoon. I know it's in our nature to think ahead, but I'll just wait for the doctors on this one.

Last edited:
Coroner press conference on FOX. The final tests will take weeks, but there was no truama. His heart showed signs of heart disease as well as a blockage.

PS Company put us up at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

TAMPA, Florida (CNN) -- TV pitchman Billy Mays' death appeared to be from heart disease, not a bump to the head, according to the Hillsborough County medical examiner.
art.mays.obit.02.fortune.jpg
OxiClean pitchman Billy Mays died Sunday morning at his home in Tampa, authorities said.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Examiners conducted a preliminary autopsy Monday on Mays, the man with the booming voice famous for fronting products such as OxiClean and Orange Glo in TV commercials.
The pitchman was pronounced dead at his home near Tampa, Florida, Sunday morning, after his wife, Deborah, found him unresponsive, Tampa police said.
He was 50.
He had told a friend before he went to sleep Saturday he was not feeling well.
"He said he was groggy, he wasn't feeling that great. He wanted to get some sleep," Todd Schnitt said.
video.gif
Watch friends remember Billy Mays »
Mays was on a US Airways flight from Philadelphia that had a hard landing Saturday at Tampa International Airport after the front tire of the plane blew out.
Don't Miss

After the flight, Mays told a Tampa TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit, you know, it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."
video.gif
Watch Mays talk about hard landing »
Airline spokesman Jim Olson told CNN on Sunday there were no reported passenger injuries from Flight 1241. The airline vowed to "cooperate fully" with authorities in the investigation.

PS Company put us up at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Well, I stand corrected.

Still, the preliminary autopsy hasn't been completed yet, according to all other media sources. You originally posted Fox News' conference about 15 minutes ago, which is a long time by intarweb metrics. If the kind folks whose job is to cut up the friendly TV guy had actually said anything, it would have reached somebody else's ears by now.

Waitiaminnit, are you sure you're not thinking of the preliminary Michael Jackson autopsy? That one was inconclusive with signs of heart disease...

EDIT: Ask, and ye shall receive. Cowboy75, afraid your links aren't working. Word is getting around, though.

Last edited:
I KNEW I was forgetting one......

Don't get old. It ain't for weaklings

And now, Fred Travalena dies. Okay, I know he wasn't exactly "A" list but the guy was funny and could do some pretty good impressions. Sad.

Latest resources

Back