Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPIE01

Coffee Break is over!
Does anyone know if in the past did SWA routinely have New Hire classes in late Oct-Nov-Dec. Or did they normally close up the training shop for Thanksgiving-Christmas?

Nov. and Dec. classes

OPIE,

Hope this helps.

1995: 11-02, 11-16, none in Dec.

1996: 11-14, 12-05

1997: 11-13, 12-04

1998: 11-05, none in Dec.

1999: 11-04, 11-18, none in Dec.

2000: 11-09, 11-30, 12-14

2001: **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** you Osama!!!!!

This info is straight out of the SWA Pilot Seniority List.

I went through training in Oct '99. I finished up IOE on 1 Dec. There were classes going through during December. I haven't looked at the seniority list but I thought there were new classes that started in early Dec '99. They will reduce training during Dec to allow instructors/staff time off to enjoy the holidays.

Thanks for the info

Thanks abunch for the info, I start Terminal leave in Oct 02. It would be great to double dip for a few months till my terminal leave is up.

I have heard that some companies close their training shops Nov-Dec because of the Mad rush for Thanksgiving/Christmas. But it sounds from your info that historiclly SWA doesn't take all of Nov-Dec off if there is training to be accomplished.

I am guessing that I am somewhere between 150-200 on the Poolie list (you never know how many are on Stop Loss) . And I am hoping they deplete a bunch if classes start back up in July.

Thanks again, and I know classes are at the mercy of the economy, but it gives me something to start to make some tinitive plans around.

Have a great day.

Last year classes were scheduled for 9/13 and 9/27 and in October as well. The 9/13 went basically as scheduled (tho guys had a couple days grace because air travel was shut down, but the DOH for everybody is 9/13), and the 9/27 slipped one week. Two more classes after that as well (don't recall the start dates off hand -- Oct or Nov I think). Hope that helps.

Snoopy

CoopDog's info posted above is spot-on. In addition, October classes were started in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.

or November?
December??

What about January???

(if the smilie above this line is there, what is it supposed to represent?)

:confused:

Latest resources

Back