• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did NJI get a raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spyguy......its real simple....when you need a paycheck you go to where the people are hiring. Plain and simple. Look at the growth between NJI and NJA. NJA hired far more pilots then NJI because NJA took more aircraft.

People came to NJA prior to the CBA because they felt that with the ratification of the CBA NJA would be the leading fractional to work for.

It was easier to get hired by NJA also becasue of the crappy pay prior to the contract. Most people that were hired by NJA also did not have the Gulfstream time as required by NJI or were part of the "Good Ole Boy" network.

If you look at NJI as itself, it is relatively small with a fleet of a/c that are suited for just a few different types of missions. NJI doesn't need as many pilots as NJA becasue of this reason.

Some people also don't want to do the type of flying that the NJI do.....I am one of those people....I enjoy staying "close to home". If there comes a time when I want to fly abroad, as my NJI cousin do, I will bid into the Gulfstreams.

Do-82, I was responding to Brn's remark. I realize there are a few people out there that might not like doing NJI type trips or have other personal reasons. Which is why I generalized by saying most.
Brn claimed that people who went to NJI because they were company stoogies. I was simply pointing out, that if given the chance, most of the pilots hired years prior to the CBA, would have gone with NJI vice NJA. The pay was double what you could get at NJA AT THAT TIME, and the QOL was better.
I just find it funny that at the present time, everything is going well for NJA (and I am glad that it is for all involoved) and people start attacking the other house when just a short while ago, they would have jumped at the chance to work there.

Diesel said:
You're welcome for the raise by the way. :)

Where the heck are you getting that FO or Captain wages are RAISED by the 1108 contract? It was REDUCED. WTFO?

Good luck convincing NJI guys that the pay cut 1108 produced for them was a good thing.

I hope single carrier ops goes through, but dont tell me that pay cuts ( As far as NJI to NJA rates) are a pay raise!

Where the heck are you getting that FO or Captain wages are RAISED by the 1108 contract? It was REDUCED. WTFO?

Good luck convincing NJI guys that the pay cut 1108 produced for them was a good thing.

I hope single carrier ops goes through, but dont tell me that pay cuts ( As far as NJI to NJA rates) are a pay raise!

Dude where do you see a pay cut? NJI would raise bloody murder.

Maybe i missunderstood your post but wtfo right back

Diesel said:
Dude where do you see a pay cut? NJI would raise bloody murder.

Maybe i missunderstood your post but wtfo right back

What does a 1st year class 4 FO make on our new contract?
Answer 50,000

What does a first year FO at NJI make?
Answer 67,000 with no Gwhiz experience and 70,000 with it.

How in Gods name is that not a pay cut?

I repeat WTFO!

I take it you voted no?

Latest resources

Back