Did NJI get a raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter said:
One of you guys posted you only logged 195 hours last yr.

Gunfyter,

That was me. I was off a month for a baby (my hips still haven't recovered), and a month for training. Plus I just didn't hit the heavy trips on my rotations. It was not the norm, trust me.

Im serving coffee on the V now, check back with me a few months, Im sure I'll have "much mo" time this year.

you didn't need to yell i was asking a question.

besides how many flights actually last 15 hours. Plus packing 4 people in a GV deserves more than anyone overtime pay.

195 Hours a year

195 Hours a year-That maths easys...

1 day airlines. 3 "U-Boat" legs BED/BDL/BAF. 3 rotations a month and there you went....180 hours. Pencil whipped the rest to keep time up in log book.

Hope that helps!!!

wolfpackpilot said:
My new Gulfstream has a range of 6700nm. That’s well over 15 hours of flight time (I believe our record is 15:47, VNY to Christchurch, New Zealand). Under your contract the company would have to pay us overtime almost every day we showed up for work, and that’s unrealistic in my opinion.

It's unrealistic to pay someone OT for working over 12 hours??? You sir, are a sucker. You are just the type of person that management loves to laugh about.

You remind me of the people that my FO told me about... he told me that he bumped into mid to upper level Wal-Mart managers at a hotel. They were all there for a conference. They were SHARING hotel rooms with other managers who they didn't even know. Some thought that it was ok because it saved the multi billion dollar company a couple hundred bucks... WAKE UP!!!! Management is laughing all the way to the bank about suckers like that.. just because you have no self worth or any idea what your profession and responsibility is worth, don't ruin it for those who know.

It is better thank you.

And i do believe that 4 smelly sweaty guys cramped into a GV tube for 15 hours deserve some OT. But that's just me.

Some people like turkish prisons.

wolfpackpilot said:
For a GV FO with:
  • 2nd year base salary of $73,500
  • work less than 6 months/year
  • excellent benefits
I'll be a sucker any day.

73K really isnt good money. Multiply that by 4 and youll be onto something!

Wolfpack,

What you mention ain't bad, but...

7 years with Netjets flying PIC on a Class 1 aircraft:

Making $94,500/year
Already made 3k in OT this year just by showing up for work
All the excellent benefits you mentioned
Work less than 6 months a year
A union contract with workrules

Is being a sucker really that great?

Latest resources

Back