• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did NJI get a raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So basically....what you're saying is that the Captains at NJI are preventing the rest of the crew members. inflight and cockpit, from enjoying the lives they, the Captain, have.

If that's the case then this industry has stepped to a new low.

Please tell me this isn't true... if it is then this is the most selfish thing I have ever seen.

If anything....the drive to bring NJI to Unionization has just picked up momentum.....RTS is going to let the Captains do his dirty work.

And why do you guys have such a hard admitting that you are getting exactly what we unionized pilots have in our CBA?

You are getting the benefits of what we fought for.....Makes me want to bid a GV.......I know I can hold it.

Last edited:
DO-82,

Not sure how you figure the Captains are preventing anything. The pay changes weren't up to them. The changes were up to the man in Woodbridge. The changes were made to assure that existing Captains would be making a wage comparable to the NJA Category 4 Captains that will be arriving shortly. NJI First Officers already make more than the NJA Category 4 First Officers that will be coming over and NJI Flight Attendants make more than NJA Falcon F/A's. Hence, no need (in management's mind) to raise those pay scales.

NJI Captains are no longer in a hurry to consider unionization and the F/O's sure won't send in a card when the result would be a $20,000 pay CUT.

I guess you're right....the man in Woodbridge once again moved his little chess pieces across the board at his whim. Sorry it took 4 year for the pay raise and everything else. It obviously had nothing to do with our contract.

This is reactionary....

I guess it pays to be good little boys and girls.

Sorry for not understanding completely.....its a tough concept for me to swallow.

Less than 3 years now......

DO-82 driver said:
I'd be the first one to say that we at NJA were grossly underpaid for a very long time......For this I am not proud.

And that’s all I was aiming for; an honest answer. I don’t claim to be better than anyone else because I fly Gulfstream's. But to be insulted and called a “sucker” by some guy who’s bragging about his pay after 1 month? Come on, look how long it took to get that pay, and how crappy it was 3 months ago. When my 2nd airline (good ‘ole Midway) went tango-uniform I had the chance to go to NJA. I passed because the pay (and commuting issue) wasn’t that attractive; not because I thought I was better than anyone. I went to an airline that paid me a whopping $17,000 the 1st year. I had to drive a truck at nights to make it work. So now that I’m somewhere I’m appreciated, a place I enjoy, a place that I thought I would never get too… don’t call me a company sucker. Anybody can call anybody anything they want; to back it up you better have your facts straight.

How many guys have left NJA for NJI? Around 25% of our pilot group. How many pilots have left NJI for NJA? None that I know of. First I was a soon to be scab, then I was an arrogant S.O.B., then I was a job stealing low life; and now that you have a new contract that’s making everyone feel like ‘Daddy Big-Bucks’ all of a sudden I’m a sucker.

NJI is still the world’s premier operator of Gulfstream Aircraft, offering owners’ unsurpassed service and giving its employees a top tier employment package. As for NJA, ditto (insert the word Cessna, Raytheon, etc). And they got a pay raise that was long overdue.

So everyone should do your job, spend your money, and try to help your fellow man when you can. In the end, the airplane you flew will matter not, the life you lead will.

gutshotdraw said:
4. ONLY CAPTAINS will receive a pay "adjustment" which will be awarded on an individual basis and notification will be by mail (still waiting for the letter);

5. Neither First Officers nor Flight Attendants (and boy, are they pissed) will receive a raise under the plan

WHAT!!:angryfire

Thats it, Im mailing in my card... What a minute I dont have a card!

Hey anybody around here have a spare card?

NJI is still the world’s premier operator of Gulfstream Aircraft, offering owners’ unsurpassed service and giving its employees a top tier employment package.

You're welcome for the raise by the way. :)

Diesel said:
You're welcome for the raise by the way. :)

Unfortunately some of em dont look at it that way. Their perception is that it's our own fault that they didnt get a raise a long time ago because the company was messing around with the union/contract issues.

Guitar rocker said:
Their perception is that it's our own fault that they didn't get a raise a long time ago because the company was messing around with the union/contract issues.

Yeah right! If anyone believes that, GET REAL! If they believe that then they obviously don't work for the same guy. Everyone knows that if we didn't have a union, then there would be no NJI and then NJA international would be a stepping stone for Mesa Airlines if TOOLie had his way. I could only figure that anyone who would make such an asinine comment like that has had to been at Toolie's stables for less than 6 months. Jeesh...:nuts:

Latest resources

Back