Did NJI get a raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DO-82 driver said:
Hey Wolfpack...you're Stilled Underpaid For What You Do.......

And For What You've Done In The Past For NJI.....

And The Sham-meister Still Sold You Guys Out!!!!!!!

And you just got what you got because of US!!!!!!

You're Welcome My Friend!!!!

I should feel oppressed by the ruthless Capitalist Pigs, but I don't! What's wrong with me? We at NJI should be miserable and angry and...Workers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains! If DO-82 had no told us how bad we have it, we would have never known! My eyes have been opened! The fog has lifted! Hallelujah!!! By the way, our raise was delayed by several years because of the shenanigans of the Teamsters and their lapdog pilots at NJA.

wolfpackpilot said:
For a GV FO with:
  • 2nd year base salary of $73,500
  • work less than 6 months/year
  • excellent benefits
I'll be a sucker any day.

Thank you. You proved my point. You have NO idea what a FO or a CPT flying a GV is worth!! You think that because you make $73,500 that you shouldn't be paid OT??? What is the hourly occupied fee of a GV?? I'm guessing at least $5000. On a 15 hour flight alone that's $75,000. And yes, I know all the costs that go along with the hourly fee. But your $73500 is a drop in the bucket to these people.

hydrarkt said:
Thank you. You proved my point. You have NO idea what a FO or a CPT flying a GV is worth!! You think that because you make $73,500 that you shouldn't be paid OT??? What is the hourly occupied fee of a GV?? I'm guessing at least $5000. On a 15 hour flight alone that's $75,000. And yes, I know all the costs that go along with the hourly fee. But your $73500 is a drop in the bucket to these people.

Dont waste your breath. Some people are just happy being a slave to others and having no concept of their' self worth. The worst is the agony they put their' families through for so little. I'd never go away from home seven days in a row with a family that is just sick. I don't understand why they dont demand maximum compensation to do it. But then again they are flying a jet yipee!. Ask the pilot that has a business on the side, or is making alot of jack doing something else those people tend to have the greatest concept of reality. The downhill spiral of a once proud industry continues. Even pharmacists and dentists limit their' pipelines better than pilots do.

G4dude said:
By the way, our raise was delayed by several years because of the shenanigans of the Teamsters and their lapdog pilots at NJA.

You sir are correct. It is harder to raise the bar than to merely benefit from it's height.

as214 said:
Dont waste your breath. Some people are just happy being a slave to others and having no concept of their' self worth. The worst is the agony they put their' families through for so little. I'd never go away from home seven days in a row with a family that is just sick. I don't understand why they dont demand maximum compensation to do it. But then again they are flying a jet yipee!. Ask the pilot that has a business on the side, or is making alot of jack doing something else those people tend to have the greatest concept of reality. The downhill spiral of a once proud industry continues. Even pharmacists and dentists limit their' pipelines better than pilots do.

Thank for agreeing with me. I must admit though, that I am a pilot that goes away for 7 days. I do like the schedule. However, I'm single with no kids. My pay isn't bad but I fought for it. I will also fight for more. And like you, supplement my income with another business. It just amazes me that people have no idea how much a particular job is worth or the money that is generated from their labor.

wolfpackpilot said:
What was your 1st year pay at NJA?
And your 2nd?
And your 3rd?
And your 4th?
And what did you make as Captain, oh, I don’t know… 4 months ago?

Hum... I hear crickets.

Buelller? Bueller?

Still waiting for an answer...

Wolfpack......I'd be the first one to say that we at NJA were grossly underpaid for a very long time......For this I am not proud.

I will then say that less than one year of Strong Union taking the helm we are now the industry leaders in pay and the outline for NJI to come under the fold of Local 1108 having been established.....For this I hold my head high and proudly state that I took part in aviation history.

wolfpackpilot said:
Hum... I hear crickets.

Buelller? Bueller?

Still waiting for an answer...

Wolfie, you and some of your brothers on flightinfo have stated that they wouldnt be caught dead working for less than 30K a year and that 30K is basically working for free. And at the same time, you guys here have said that if it wasnt for us "lapdog" pilots and our contract issues, that you guys would have gotten your raise a long time ago. How selfish to say!!! Some of you guys are truly in a class above everyone else, arent you???? Do-82 is right, a starting FO was getting 200$ less a year than the kid that was taking our crew food orders not to mention that a BBJ FA was making more than a second year CA here as well. Yah, we were grossly underpaid and you whine and complain because a raise which you could have gotten earlier (so you say) was held up by our union issues. And now some of you have had the audacity to say the following: that our "union's pitiful salary for Class 4 FO's is probably going to prevent the NJI FO's from getting enough to by a snack" (quote courtesy of your njanjoflexflipflop or whatever it is kid). You dont even know what is going to be offered to you and here you are already complaining and whining and assuming that what little you do get is our fault. I would say that is selfishness and ignorance at it's finest.

The good guys that I know at NJI have a different thought process and are not cheap, selfish and ignorant as some of you here.

Last edited:
Just to clear up the issue a little bit, as announced a few days ago:

1. All NJI crewmembers are now on the 7 and 7 schedule;

2. After March 1, all vacations will be dropping a tour for 21 consecutive days off;

3. Overtime calculation will be based on 45 duty days per quarter;

4. ONLY CAPTAINS will receive a pay "adjustment" which will be awarded on an individual basis and notification will be by mail (still waiting for the letter);

5. Neither First Officers nor Flight Attendants (and boy, are they pissed) will receive a raise under the plan (there may be some backpedalling down the road on F/A pay)

Analysis: Any effort to organize NJI pilots early is now officially DOA. Given what just happened, the flight attendants are more likely to organize than the pilots (and that will never happen). In addition, for DO-82 and the rest who still believe single-carrier is a done deal, the Captain raises and schedule enhancements are clearly aimed at keeping NJI a non-union shop and RTS obviously intends to fight that battle when it comes. We'll all just have to wait several years for the answer.

Latest resources

Back