Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did any of you Frontier guys read your new CEOs welcome letter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did. He does ramble...but that is not entirely different from other CEO's i have worked for. He is clearly full of himself, but then again...if i was in his shoes, i would be too.

Someone should dig up some of his old letters that are posted here on FI, and repost them in this thread.

It would make for a very entertaining thread. Any takers?

Someone should dig up some of his old letters that are posted here on FI, and repost them in this thread.

It would make for a very entertaining thread. Any takers?

now any rah guys can't post any in-house letters on here or other site anymore. new compnay policy states anyone doing that will get fired.

Jeez you guys are really revved up. Last time I checked, we are in America and if this guy wants to pray to the holy toaster then he's allowed to. I don't know what is said in the letter but my guess is, that it's not required reading so... just don't read it.

To: All Republic Associates
RE: Company update for 10-6-06
Good afternoon. Sorry for not publishing my update last week but I have been considering writing
a controversial letter for a while and have been prayerfully deliberating my words. After much
internal struggle, I have decided to publish it and take the heat.
What pushed me over the top was a headline I read last week that the loss of American lives in
Afghanistan and Iraq now exceeds the loss of American lives experienced in the 9-11 attacks. I
suppose the idea the media would like to convey is that the Bush Administration’s policies in the
Middle East are flawed and are leading to more American casualties than simply allowing
terrorists to operate unchallenged in the world. I don’t want to get started on a rant against the
liberal media in this country, nor do I want to become a Bush apologist (clearly there is much that
should be open for debate there) but seriously there are many other ways that thousands of
American’s die each year and none for as noble a cause as replacing a dictator with democracy
or oppression with freedom.
However, if the news media is truly concerned with the loss of American lives, then why don’t I
see more written about the tragic and totally avoidable loss of 4,000 American lives every day to
abortion? I would like to read how our country’s leadership and citizenry are mobilizing against
this genocidal assault on the unborn. Can you imagine what we would do if every day we opened
the paper and read about how 4,000 babies were needlessly killed in America, today and
everyday to come, until we as a nation have the courage to protect those who can not protect
themselves?
I was at a right to life dinner a few weeks ago and the speaker quoted Mother Teresa in a speech
she gave in Washington several years ago. It was provocative to say the least. Let me share a
few passages with you.
“… I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the
child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself.
And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill
one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion?
As always, we must persuade her with love and remind ourselves that love means to be willing to
give until it hurts.
Jesus gave even His life to love us. So, the mother who is thinking of abortion should be helped
to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The
father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts.
By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems.
And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the
child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women into the same trouble.
So abortion just leads to more abortion.
Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get
what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.”
It’s that last line that really caught my attention. When we see school kids killing other schools
kids it really rings true that we are cultivating a culture of death in this country when we should be
working to create a culture of life. Can we really be surprised or shocked by what we see
happening with increased frequency when we teach children and teens that they can “choose”
when to respect life and when to end it.
I have known women who have had abortions and to say their concerns end after the procedure
is completed is a sad misperception. Many women that have had abortions suffer serious, long
term complications both physical and (more importantly) psychological. And is that really
surprising? How distressing it must be to have to even consider making such a choice. And yet it
is the matter of “choice” that the liberal media would like to frame the debate. How can we deny a
woman the right to “choose” what to do with her body?
We have turned sex in to a form of recreation or sport rather than an act of love between two
people in a loving and committed material relationship. The possibility of life being created from
this unselfish act of love should be welcomed not feared. By defining sex as a momentary act of
pleasure without considering its natural, life-giving consequences is simply selfish; putting the
needs of the individual over the needs of God and family. Having said that, the debate is not
necessarily one of sexual freedom; nor imposing Christian morality on society. The debate is
about the ability to take a human life. And as long as this country is unwilling to defend the most
vulnerable of its society, then we are all at risk.
As the November elections approach, I ask you to prayerfully consider this important issue in your
selection of representatives you send to Congress. We can all agree that choice is yours to
make.

Weekly Letter from Bryan Bedford
For the week ended 2-23-07
Good afternoon. This is the winter of disappointment if you’re a passenger flying the nation’s air
carriers; and much to my own disappointment that includes us.
Below are two news article’s that involve some disappointing service failures with our product.
The article’s somewhat speak for themselves. And while there are several inaccuracy’s in the
various reports, there is one very common thread that we must focus on and that is the
communications coordination between us, as the operating carrier, and our partners, as the ticket
seller and ground handler.
For example, in the Cheyenne report below, we are rightfully called to account for how we left 110
people stranded in Wyoming while two perfectly good jets simply flew away empty without any
word to the passengers left behind. While it isn’t the crew’s job to get in front of a room full of
angry passengers and tell them what is going on, in this case there was no one else to do it. So
what can we learn?
Well maybe we should not have approved alternates that do not have dedicated or contract
personnel to manage the people once they are safely on the ground. Maybe the plan could have
been for United to have 3-4 Denver employees drive up to Cheyenne to manage the passenger
communications, buses and hotel accommodations. Maybe we should have given the
passengers a choice to fly with the aircraft to Indy and Kansas City if they preferred that to being
bussed to Denver. Probably they would have preferred to be bussed to Denver had they known
at the time that was the plan. In that case everything would have worked out exactly the same
except people would not have felt abandoned and helpless. We can do better, we should have
done better, we must learn from this and do better should we find ourselves in the same position.
What was not reported was that Great Lakes was United’s contract ground agent in Cheyenne,
but since Great Lakes had already cancelled their flights for the day the airport people went
home. Why they didn’t return to the airport the next two days still remains a mystery. United
assures us they are addressing it.
Now, in regard to the CLE runway incident (the airplane with 70 passengers which ran off the end
of runway 28 this past Sunday). I am not going to speculate on what happened as we have
several agencies managing that process. However, what I will address is what happened (or in
this case didn’t happen) after the plane came to a stop.
The flight deck crew reported the incident to the tower who notified CFR. CFR was on the scene
within 5 minutes of the incident. The passengers were still on the plane in their seats wondering
what just happened. They remained on the plane for 55 minutes until CFR unloaded them down
a step ladder. Again I am not in a position to second guess the crew as to why they chose not to
blow the slides and evacuate the passengers; what I do take exception to is the flight deck crew
never once made a public address to the passengers; never came out of the cockpit to see if their
passengers and crew were all okay. No apology, no communication whatsoever, nothing. I don’t
know how you feel about this, but I find this aspect of the incident to be the most disappointing.
Our airline has a very long history of a caring culture and empathy for our guests on board, but in
this situation, when it was needed the most, it seemed to just go out the window.
The second fumble was with Delta, their station manager came to the scene spoke to all the
passengers and did a great job trying to take care of all the passengers needs. They were
evaluated by paramedic’s and released or taken to area hospitals for observation and then later
released. Again we are blessed no one was seriously injured in this mishap. So where is the
fumble? Well the station manger never informed Delta’s customer care center in Atlanta about
the incident, so after the passengers were sent on there way they went for two days without
hearing anything from anyone. It wasn’t until Monday, when we asked for feedback on how the
passengers were doing and what they were saying did the center get activated. And once
activated it still took Delta until Tuesday night before the passengers contact actually begin.
That’s a more than 48 hour gap between the incident and the first follow up contact from anyone.
Again, this lack of coordination is unacceptable.
So what are we going to do about all this? Three things for sure:
1. We are going to use these two cases to develop some additional passenger skills training
that we will incorporate into our CRM curriculum. In this way we hope to provide our
flight crews with more tools or comfort to be able to address these stressful situations if
they arise.
2. We are going to select and train 15-20 employees with full family assistance training so
that we will not be forced to completely rely on our marketing partner to manage such
situations in the future, and
3. We will use these case studies to meet with each of our marketing partners to see how
we can improve our joint respond in a more coordination fashion so that the needs of the
passengers are fully met in a timely manner.
None of us should be satisfied with this type of performance, but as bad as this was we can learn
from it, adapt and improve. If we do this then the inconvenience and unhappiness we have
caused these folks won’t be in vain.
I’m sure you will read the articles and have a few thoughts, please feel free to email them to me;
I really do enjoy hearing from you.
BTW, it was Ash Wednesday on the 21st, have you figured out what you are giving up for lent?
And no you can’t give up bad weather….although I wish we could.

Wait till you get some of his holiday rhetoric. The man is a religious fruit cake. You wont have to wait long, Turkey and Xmas is just around the corner.

Latest resources

Back