• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Diamond DA-42 Twinstar rental?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not totally sure on this but I think there is one for rental at Crawfordsville, IN. It flew in with some other diamonds at our airshow ( terre haute air fair) recently and that airport is a Diamond dealer. Pretty cool looking airplane and it has a huge wingspan. It flew over in formation with a Star before it landed.

UVSC in Provo, UT has two of them. Of course, this is not an FBO, its a school, but it's relatively painless to get registered as a continuing-ed student so you can rent from them. (At least it used to be.) I'm working on my multi engine stuff in a Twin Star and I think its an awesome airplane, granted it's the only multi I've ever flown.

Waukegan Wings at UGN just had one delivered a few weeks ago. Not sure though if they rent it or if it's dual-only.

well lets start off.... all of these places people are listing I flew the airplane to them so I have some time. The props are always out of sync with no way to sync them (only has two power levers). The airplane is just as unconfy as the DA40 with hardly any speed diff. Although it is very simple to fly a student who learns in this will have no idea what to do in a trad. multi. Doesn't fit in most hangars. Less than a few weeks old, one of them already had a major fuel problem. Had to be flown to London, ON to get fixed. If the elec. goes out (batt and 2 gens) the engines stop because of FADEC with no power! Airplane is hot as hell in the summer and has a regular heater so its cold in winter. I could go on and on but these are a few. Only good thing is the amount of fuel burn. I've seen about 7 gal TOTAL at 80% power. But that still only gets you 155TAS at about 080. Just my 2 $.

Latest resources

Back