• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dhl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it's rumors you want, how about this? I just heard that DHL has anounced that it will be laying off all their sales staff in the U.S. No confirmation yet, but since we're just talking "rumors..."

not a rumor, fact... if you can get a DHL person to show you the memo dated 10/01/2008, 800 sales folks got severance checks, another contractor for sales, www.unishippers.com and www.worldwideexpress.com. The memo stated DHL is focusing only on the international shipments and NOT domestic. Ground handling will go away in January. Hey dont ask me, call/visit DHL and ask them. Call ABE, Call MKE, Call MCO, no sales people anymore.

The RUMOR is more will be announced within the next 10-14 days... whatever..

Wonder what the politicians will say when DHL pulls out of the USA?

Will they say that they are not allowed? What a joke.

I don't see how DHL is going to pay UPS a billions dollars a year now. What are UPS planes going to be flying for for DHL anyway?

not a rumor, fact... if you can get a DHL person to show you the memo dated 10/01/2008, 800 sales folks got severance checks, another contractor for sales, www.unishippers.com and www.worldwideexpress.com. The memo stated DHL is focusing only on the international shipments and NOT domestic. Ground handling will go away in January. Hey dont ask me, call/visit DHL and ask them. Call ABE, Call MKE, Call MCO, no sales people anymore.

The RUMOR is more will be announced within the next 10-14 days... whatever..

Wow...Sounds like your going to get the shaft right after the Holidays.

I'd be burning every hour of Vacation and Sick time (cause they will screw you out of your sick time) if I was at Astar or ABX.

Best of luck to both pilot groups, I would have liked to have had a chance to work at either property.

Keep your eyes on the prize

Do not lose sight of the fight to keep the jobs in ILN and stop the UPS deal. Do not try and speculate on what the brain dead DHL management is trying to do. It matters none when the main goal of the fight is to keep the jobs in ILN and replace the idiot DHL management that created this whole mess.

Even if they eliminated 80-90% of their sales force and stopped domestic accounts there is no need to speculate what they could be screwing up now, because the same article said domestic sales and accounts will be brought back in the 2nd quarter of 2009. Their shifting and shafting is nothing new and this one is no different.

Do not lose sight of the fight to keep the jobs in ILN and stop the UPS deal.

DHL seems to be winding things down all across the USA, don't you think?

How do you plan on keeping any jobs in Wilmington by killing the deal? You cannot force company to keep writing paychecks if they don't want to.

DHL seems to be winding things down all across the USA, don't you think?

How do you plan on keeping any jobs in Wilmington by killing the deal? You cannot force company to keep writing paychecks if they don't want to.

It is not my job to have a plan or even come up with one. That is the job of the CEO's. And they do have a plan. As a matter of fact, the Governor of Ohio just had dinner with Hete and Dasburg so they continue to work on their plan. If DHL wants to listen to it or not is up to them.

. As a matter of fact, the Governor of Ohio just had dinner with Hete and Dasburg ..............

Hete insisted upon leaving the tip after Dasburg agreed to pay. On the way out Joe said he left his glasses on the table, went back inside and retrieved the tip money.

Joe Hete was last seen walking briskly out of the restaurant with an angry waiter on his heels.........

Hete insisted upon leaving the tip after Dasburg agreed to pay. On the way out Joe said he left his glasses on the table, went back inside and retrieved the tip money.

Joe Hete was last seen walking briskly out of the restaurant with an angry waiter on his heels.........

But who stole the silverware? :D

Latest resources

Back