• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL restructuring plan presentation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, two posts, both useless. Are we supposed to be awestruck that you evidently know the future, but care not to enlighten us mere mortals?

No one likes an ass-hole that goes onto a forum and says: "I know something you don't know, I know something you don't know!"

Share details or feel free to go back to the sandbox where you can take all of the other kiddies toys.

Last edited:
I have a prediction...three tuesdays from now...the sun WILL come out.

Face it boys, (and girls) ABX as a going concern is done. Bankruptcy is right around the corner, if only to move the 76's to CHI, et al.

I'm moving on sooner than later, I suggest if you are in the bottom half of the list you look as well.

So in two years of membership, Nostradumbass makes two completely irrelevant posts that may even be contradictory. But most disturbing is the comment of "see you in two years".

See you where? Or is this a ploy to build some false hope in the true professionals at ABX and ASTAR to work to the end, feather even more fat cat nests, and still be out of a job with the loss of two years of potential seniority elsewhere.

Well, here's my guess for what might pass as squat - UPS is going to buy both Deutche Post and Deutche Bahn and combine the assets and personnel of ATSG and ASTAR with Brown for world domination. Or is that the next James Bond movie....

I along with hundreds of peers over the years have faced the same crap at three different places that ASTAR and ABX crews and employees are now facing: should I stay or should I go? The worst part of it is that you don't know the answer until months or years later looking back at it. I hope not a one of you has to find another job, but no one can blame you for looking. Meanwhile, I'm sure :puke:"management" is sleeping just fine.

If ATI Astar and ILN could come up with a plan to move the freight cheaper, where is it? They have been told for over a 6 months that things needed to change and that cost need to come down. Im sure the agreement with UPS is based upon freight moved. So if its only 5,000 lbs out of a city then DHL will be only paying for that much freight to be moved, not a enitre 727. Tell me how either of your freight companies can move it for less, u cant. Our DC8's are only running loads at about 65000 lbs, leaving a lot of room for additonal lift in the bellies. Sorry but there is no way that you can move the freight cheaper and UPS will get it moved.

New and existing customer are inquiring (so I'm told) about availability. I presume they want 767-200SF'
s (doors and floors). The PC (no doors or floor) would have to be converted. Joe apparently has the slots and a plan to convert most of the PC's in rapid order. Multi-digit numbers/year were mentioned.

I think this part of your post makes a lot of sense, the only future ABX has is as ACMI charter company with lots of small(2 to 3 ACFT)contracts. I think they can find work for the 767's as long as they get doors cut. I personnely think that they get the airport back from DHL for a song, and in return the State of OHIO gets off the back of DHL. I see ILN turning into a "TIMCO", we have plenty of qualified MX and pleanty of hangar space. They have already started the MRO business, and could tie in the avionics refurb that they do. They could still do flight training with the sims. I think that between those things and the flying of the 767's and the cargo door DC9's that that is where the future lies. Will there be jobs for 7000, obviously not, but there will be some jobs left.

I think that hoping for DHL to turn things around and abandon the UPS deal is a statement of denial. I wish it would happen to, but its not gonna.

On another note, DHL is the official carrier of MLB. There yellow signs are plastered all over ballparks in the U.S. I say, call your local MLB team and tell them to take those signs down, I do not want to look at that crap while watching America's pastime, knowing all the American jobs they are taking away. This goes double for the Cincinnati Reds, since the majority of these jobs are Ohio jobs....

If ATI Astar and ILN could come up with a plan to move the freight cheaper, where is it? They have been told for over a 6 months that things needed to change and that cost need to come down. Im sure the agreement with UPS is based upon freight moved. So if its only 5,000 lbs out of a city then DHL will be only paying for that much freight to be moved, not a enitre 727. Tell me how either of your freight companies can move it for less, u cant. Our DC8's are only running loads at about 65000 lbs, leaving a lot of room for additonal lift in the bellies. Sorry but there is no way that you can move the freight cheaper and UPS will get it moved.

Our point is what are they gonna do if the plane is full during the holidays, are they gonna bump UPS FRIEGHT? No! If the DHL TRUCK is late is the UPS plane going to wait? No! That is the problem with this deal................................................

I have to agree with you guys. There is no way Hete will sell off his 767's to DHL. There are very few ACMI carriers out there with fuel efficient aircraft. If he uses ABX or ATI I don't know, but ATSG will make a cool mint when all the 767's are running charters. He has the largest fleet of 767-200's in the business and with fuel prices the way they are he will have more ACMI business than he can handle. There is no way I see him cutting the throat of ATSG like DHL did by going brown. I just hope that he sticks with ABX rather than push all the aircraft to ATI. No offense ATI, just that your 8's are flying contract now and ours will be looking to save some jobs.

The sort jobs are not his fault. That responsibility lies directly on the shoulders of DHL. They screwed up from day 1 and just did the Nestea Plunge into the pit of stupidity. They killed themselves and took 6000 KILN workers with them.

Latest resources

Back