• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL buys 49% of Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm. Seems like ASTAR and ABX are in for some big changes. Maybe I should consider something else.

Hmmm...Best of luck...Just remember, there are not that many choices out there..Besides, things are not as bad as they seem.....

Chowdry's plan was to transfer the landing rights to AAWH, move a few planes to Atlas and then shut Polar down. Jeff Erickson confirmed this plan at many meetings. Chowdry died, and so did his ability to pull it off. The remaining managers were unable to do it and decided to make an attempt to make Polar work.

That being said, both airlines benefited from the purchase. Atlas gained access to ramp space and ground support. Polar gained access to a worldwide parts system and an infusion of cash, and mainly a management team that wanted them to survive, ie, not just a tax write-off.

DHL gains access to Japan and China, and gets some heavy lift. Polar gains a partner to share the costs and maybe fill their planes. Hopefully some cargo that goes back to Asia, out of Europe.

Thanks, a former Atlas Chief Pilot, Bob Mc., flies for Gulfstream, but he left prior the Polar deal and Nick Chowdry's unfortunate accident.

GV

Bob's good people. He left because had no support when trying to back the crews.

Yes, Bob's the best. I actually knew him prior to his going to Atlas when I was assigned to Andrews AFB where he was a Presidential Pilot . At Gulfstream he's Assistant Chief Pilot for the Demo guys and he's still looking out for pilots.

GV

Yes, Bob's the best. I actually knew him prior to his going to Atlas when I was assigned to Andrews AFB where he was a Presidential Pilot . At Gulfstream he's Assistant Chief Pilot for the Demo guys and he's still looking out for pilots.

GV

So you know a lot of the 89th guys that came over about that time. Most are still here, some have retired and still some getting close to the big 60. In the mid '90's we aboput cleaned the 89th out. A lot of the FE's are still here, as well. Honeybucket is still a pain!

Wow! The Polar miscreants are out in force again spouting lies about most everything.

Somebody just bought half of Polar for a price that is less than the value of half of their current fleet. You don't have to be a genius to figure out this was a FIRE SALE!

Anybody who thinks the lawsuit will be an opportunity for the Polar clowns to justify their actions really doesn't understand how the legal system works. The losers named in the suit do not have the backing of ALPA. I think they will be forced to retract their "list" publicly and beg for forgiveness in order to prevent a ruling that would certainly lead to their bankruptcy.

There's a couple of names missing from the list of defendants. If any of the plantiffs (or their attorney) want to know who the other key players were, please send me a private message.

Wow! The Polar miscreants are out in force again spouting lies about most everything.

Somebody just bought half of Polar for a price that is less than the value of half of their current fleet. You don't have to be a genius to figure out this was a FIRE SALE!

Anybody who thinks the lawsuit will be an opportunity for the Polar clowns to justify their actions really doesn't understand how the legal system works. The losers named in the suit do not have the backing of ALPA. I think they will be forced to retract their "list" publicly and beg for forgiveness in order to prevent a ruling that would certainly lead to their bankruptcy.

There's a couple of names missing from the list of defendants. If any of the plantiffs (or their attorney) want to know who the other key players were, please send me a private message.

We missed you B747-300. Were have you been? Cfire was starting to get a bit BORING...Have you come up with NEW MATERIAL recently, or are you still spreading the same old propaganda???

I think you will find that the aircraft are owned by GE Capital or some other bank! DHL are not getting 49% ownership of the aircraft more like 49% responsibility for the lease payments!

Is this is a message board for PROFESSIONAL airline pilots, or a kindergarten playground?? Hmmm... hard to tell these days.... <sigh>

Latest resources

Back