• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dhl Buy's 49% Of Astar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also don't be surprised if Dasburg ends up as the CEO of the company. He already sent one of his boys over to Polar. Something is up. I think everyone will be ok in the end.DHL needs all the lift of all three airlines. No one airline can do all the flying. My Father even told me that the best way for DHL to merge the airlines is to aquire an interest in each and merge them all into a new company. It seems thats is what is going on.

That is possible but I don't think DHL wants the C container around much longer due to costs and logistics. With that in mind and most of the A container 76's headed to Japan that doesn't leave much although I don't know how many 76's ABX has that will fit the DHL system. What you say Hete?

It will take a bit more effort DHL to buy into ABX because it is a publicly traded company. All they can do is start buying up shares and hope for the best.

Also don't be surprised if Dasburg ends up as the CEO of the company. He already sent one of his boys over to Polar. Something is up. I think everyone will be ok in the end.DHL needs all the lift of all three airlines. No one airline can do all the flying. My Father even told me that the best way for DHL to merge the airlines is to aquire an interest in each and merge them all into a new company. It seems thats is what is going on.

Did you actually hear a message from the "Father" almighty maker of heaven and earth, or just one from your dad?

"Emergency" is a bit of a stretch. Yes there was a crew meeting at which Hete graciously said practically nothing. "We don't comment on Mergers and Acquisitions..."; "Keep doing the great job you've been doing..."; "We need to be a competitive ACMI carrier..."

Joe Hete

Joe will use this to beat ABX pilots into the ground. Don't give up and keep fighting for a good contract. For the life of me I don't understand why DHL/ASTAR would make this anouncment now before the ASTAR Pilots ratify a new contract.This puts the Astar Pilot group in a much beter position at the negotiations table now that they are DHL again. Stay United and help each other ABX & ASTAR for divided you fall.

>>The transaction ''signals DHL's confidence in the capabilities of Astar,'' said Dasburg, Astar's chairman, president and CEO.<<

Okay, I don't mean to run down Astar because we've all got a stake in the game--at least for now. But you have to wonder what DHL is basing all that confidence on. In a choice between Astar and ABX, the latter has had superior performance numbers all around. Astar had it's integration nightmares, (that DHL contributed to), when they made the move from CVG to ILN and they're definitely on the backside of the power curve when it comes to aircraft and capabilities. They've made a decent recovery in performance but why would DHL select a carrier that can't even offer CAT II when ABX is certified CAT II and CAT III? Does DHL still not understand that important difference when it comes to the overnight express industry?
At last night's meeting, when asked why ABX formed a holding company, Hete replied that it could be for tax reasons or to accommodate a merger and/or acquisition. When asked to narrow it down his reply was, "It is our policy to not discuss mergers and/or acquisitions." That makes it easy to conclude that there's another step in this process that has yet to take place. And the only thing that is certain about it is that Hete will be richer than he is today when the dust clears. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Hete brought back the 10 furloughees because he knew they--and many others--were going to be on the street before it cost him a nickel.

Latest resources

Back