DFW Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KINGAIR PIC

I have my first trip to DFW tonight in the King Air that I fly. I was just wondering what's going on there at around midnight, if it's still a little busy, or if it's dead at that hour, since that is about the time I will be getting in there.

Any ASA or Eagle guys care to respond to this one?
Or anyone else who flies in and out of there regularly.

DFW is pretty slow at midnight, should be pretty easy.

Why DFW though ?
DAL is so much nicer for charter/corporate/GA. and only a few miles from DFW.
no landing fees, nice FBO's with crew cars, lost of places to eat around the airport...

Have a good flight !

I fly charter, and that is where the customer wants to go. I did not talk to him, the dispatcher just called me today, and told me the time and place.

Thanks for the info, though.

As far as ASA and Delta, almost all our flights are gone or in for the night before 11.

Pretty much the only thing moving at that time of night will be cargo operators.

Is the little GA hut even open at that hour?

Be careful the GA people there didn’t have a tug and we woke up to a nasty tail wind, it got kinda funny with the manager standing behind the Bravo with a tray to stop the tail wind till the Eng. started. General impression is the place is a dump and we had to wait @1hr for a shuttle to the hotel. (We arrived @ 2:30am and they still switched runways on us due to traffic):rolleyes:

And don’t forget about the hail, heard it did a s*itload of damage the other day

fxbat said:
it got kinda funny with the manager standing behind the Bravo with a tray to stop the tail wind till the Eng. started.

You have GOT to be joking!:eek:

2000Flyer

And ask for the west side for landing, that's where the GA ramp is, otherwise it might be a long taxi. It is pretty dead around midnight, but they also have only one controller who does everything.
About the hail: AA has 59 damaged planes still sitting there....

Thanks for all the info guys. The flight went very well. The place is like a little hut, but nice inside. It was pretty dead there, as we were the only aircraft who moved on the field the entire time.

A word of caution though:

The localizer for RWY 36L is offset a couple of degrees, because of construction. As we intercepted I noticed that we were not lined up with the correct runway. I queried the tower and she told me about the offset localizer.

Latest resources

Back