Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite all the woes of the industry.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Although I've left the airline world a few years ago for the fracs, I think I speak for all regional pilots when I say that it's great job from the moment you release the parking brake, and then becomes a lousy job when you reset the parking brake.
Enjoy!

Pluses:
1.) Great people I work with
2.) Once the door is closed, I'm doing what I love.
3.) Running into friends all over the country.

Minuses:
1.) Witnessing the complete inefficiencies of the airline industry and being helpless against it.
2.) Sitting in a crashpad on rsv away from loved ones.

Call me crazy, but Give me a million bucks and I'd probably still do it.

Call me crazy, but Give me a million bucks and I'd probably still do it.

I'd tell you what I'd do if I had a million bucks....two chicks at the same time!

+ Great people to work with, being able to show up at an airport and say "which country should I visit this week?", the view, sometimes getting 14+ days off

- The occasional jerk you're stuck with for 4 days, rarely seeing non-aviation friends because you're not around on weekends, 11 days off a month normally

Much like any profession, the best and the worst part of the job are the people.

I love to fly with good captains; captains that know their stuff and aren't selfish with their knowledge.

1. Any time you're in a group of adults and a little kid asks you what you do for living...
2. The stockpile of tiny soaps, shampoo, and conditioner in my bathroom cabinet.
3. "Ooo, sorry! I'm flying that day!" is the ultimate get-out-of-stupid-things excuse ever!
4. Being the only Dad at the mid-week 2nd grade choir concert.
5. Telling old ladies who ask what's in those black bags all pilots carry: "Parachutes" (with a straight face)
6. The inner-smugness you feel when you hear a guy prattle on about the crushing piles of paperwork he has "on my desk at work".
7. Riding with SWA guys in the hotel van, and asking 'em: "So, what aircraft are you one now?" (That one never gets old!)
8. The nurse at my AME's office is uber-Hot! (I'm sportin' wood right now just thinking about her putting the EKG leads on me!)
9. The acronyms! An effective weapon when you're crammed next to an inquisitive pax while deadheading.
10. "The sunburn? Oh, I had a long layover in Honolulu. Wow! Looks like we got a lot of snow last few days!"

That is funny! Nice top ten list. :) I am stealing numbers 5, 7, and 9.

the flight benefits are the best i think...being able to travel anywhere you want in the world for soo cheap!!...meanwhile the guy next to you paid about $15,000 for those first class tix:laugh:

Latest resources

Back