Desperate Pilots: American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pgcfii2002 said:
Is it possible to hold a line right after IOE?

If you get SF3 DFW/LAX, SJU ATR then you would have a great chance at holding a line as soon as you finish IOE (and are there to put in your Bid for the next month cycle). Recently in LGA/BOS on the EMJ we have had newhires hold lines after 2-3 months of reserve, which is a big change from 2-3 years on reserve for ORD/DFW EMJ. I think the DFW/ORD CRJ is a relatively quick to get a line, maybe 6 months? Its all a crapshoot and nobody can predict the future, but its not too bad.

DFW CRJ is real short time for a line. right now it is at 4-6 mos. But they are fat and if you go there you will sit a lot longer than that.

ORD CRJ is now back to 2 years for a line as they have drew the lines back down.

DFW CRJ is real short time for a line. right now it is at 4-6 mos. But they are fat and if you go there you will sit a lot longer than that.

ORD CRJ is now back to 2 years for a line as they have drew the lines back down.

Years of reserve? Who would want to go to AE to be a career fo? I just dont get it.

Years of reserve? Who would want to go to AE to be a career fo? I just dont get it.

You don't get it because you are probably happy when you're a half-mile from a green stoplight. It's going to change, and hopefully so too will Eagle. They are showing a red light now, and will probably change to green soon. But, hey, if you want to get hired by what airlines are doing at this very moment instead of where they will be, that's your choice.

I don't know. Some of us like to live in base, fly very little, etc etc. Eagle used to have quick upgrades, and someday in the future it will. Skywest/CHQ can't grow forever. Mesa is a horrible work environment, but hey you can upgrade fast, but they have no deliveries other than a few 700's coming so their's will obviously slow down.

I guess that some people are unable to see the big picture, do you make your career decisions based on what a company is doing right now, or would you rather base them on the signs of what is coming in the future.

Maybe people are finally fed up with the horrible pay, and they have come to the conclusion that its not worth it.

Yeah..
You know it's bad when there's a newhire class with 11 scheduled new hires and only 2 wind up comming.
Even the spikey gel-haired backpack wearing ipod go-getter boys are passing it up.

Yeah..
You know it's bad when there's a newhire class with 11 scheduled new hires and only 2 wind up comming.
Even the spikey gel-haired backpack wearing ipod go-getter boys are passing it up.

No, they got in. You just can't tell who they are now that the ipod is in the pawn shop and they can't afford hair gel.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back