• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Desperate Pilots: American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why not take advantage of the low staffing and pick up OT the day of the open time? Same payrate as JM and no one is called out from home.

Because the bean counters see another flight going out and not one cancelled. Nothing will change.

Can you hold a line right after IOE? Yes. I'm an SJU'er and I sat reserve for 2 weeks after IOE. Once the next bid period came I held a line and have been doing so ever since.

Because the bean counters see another flight going out and not one cancelled. Nothing will change.

OK, so they call out another captain to fly as FO. Then nothing changes and I'm out a couple hundred.

I'm not supporting one side or the other, but come on, not a lot of part-time jobs pay as well as open time flying does. And that money can go into the 401(k), which a part time job probably could not.

They have been cancelling flights, using CAs as FOs to cover trips, using FAs as CAs, CAs as FAs, FOs as rampers, all sorts of ugly combinations! It has been going on for over a year and nothing has changed, so might as well pick up some OT to pay the bills.

IHF i understand you're only being sincere about getting extra money for your family. your time could be better spent not picking up OT and saving more money in your 401k, spending that time at a part time job, or spending it with your family.

i think the scab comment was simply referring to the mentality of it all. it shouldn't be a term loosely used either.

How does putting MORE money in your 401k give you more money at pay day? Especially if you don't pick up flying???

Woohoohoo. Thanks for the laugh.

Also, didn't your pilots agree to 50 percent deadhead pay? If so, that makes me want to puke. Struggle all the way to make it to a major, then get stuck in the middle aisle for 5 hours at half pay. Brilliant.

It is actually 75% now. It used to be 50%.

How does putting MORE money in your 401k give you more money at pay day? Especially if you don't pick up flying???

it doesn't. in the long run you will have more money and it lowers your taxes also (which is simply wasted money).

picking up OT helps the company out bu keeping the staffing levels at a low level. AA has 3000 on the streets and they still gleefully pick up OT.

but that's ok, our new LOA, which will affect the 1% who time out, will save us!

Latest resources

Back