• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's taking the path of Pan Am by trying to become a long-haul carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nindiri, I guess in your haste to flame you overlooked the post where I made it clear that probably 90% of the time we purchase tickets for our people.

Surely an inability to thoroughly read and process info is not a common trait among DL pilots? Seems common to the ones on this board, that's for sure.

Why all the animosity towards Delta pilots Jungle? It's OK to be in the charter business--you don't need to justify it to the rest of us.

Jungle jet,

Yeah really, did you lose your "fortune" in Delta stock? It was all because of us---the PILOTS! HA HAHA AHAHHAHAHAHA Whatever Donald Frump!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Jungle_Jet said:
And

First off, unless they are furloughees, our guys don't jumpseat (except occasionally on ATA, they're the only ones who consistently allow 135 jumpseaters as policy). Therefore if we have to reposition someone, we have to buy a ticket (usually at an exobitant fare). So we do have recent experience on just about every carrier out there at the moment. And the way DL pilots consistently treat their colleagues is shameful, refusing jumpseat for not wearing a hat (our guys don't wear them) or a jacket in 110 degree weather in DFW. The ground staff is worse, but that's another issue. I get these reports DAILY my friend, so I'm qualified to comment here.

Getting second hand information does not "qualify" someone to comment as if it were fact. Delta has not required a jacket or a hat to jumpseat for years, so your information is not valid. That's fact. If your source could supply a flight number, city pair, and date from one of your DAILY reports I would be happy check its accuracy .

I get it. I'm supposed to take the word of some anonomous poster on a message board against that of my personal friends an colleagues?

Are you seriously suggesting that?

General Lee said:
Jungle jet,

Yeah really, did you lose your "fortune" in Delta stock? It was all because of us---the PILOTS! HA HAHA AHAHHAHAHAHA Whatever Donald Frump!

Bye Bye--General Lee
Still debating like a teenage girl I see. Some things never change eh private.
This is a typical example of the fact filled, referenced with footnotes posts that this tool regales us with on a daily basis.

Jungle_Jet said:
I get it. I'm supposed to take the word of some anonomous poster on a message board against that of my personal friends an colleagues?

Are you seriously suggesting that?
Don't take anyones word. Supply flight number, city pair, and date and it can be easily verified. You're asking everyone here to accept your anonymous source as supplying valid information, yet you balk at supplying information that can validate your source?

Jungle_Jet said:
RE: Jumpseating

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand. I guy lives in city A. The aircraft is in city B. They are reporting to work where the aircraft is located, we don't have domiciles per se.

Don't worry Enigma, you won't see any of our guys anyway (why do you assume you haven't in the past?). Spirit doesn't fly anywhere we can't get to by other means, and your people aren't exactly legendary for their treatment to begin with.

So you guys can stop lecturing me on proper protocol. In fact, I helped draft some of those protocols back in the day and probably understand them better then most.
Dude, you're showing your ignorance, (or arrogance, maybe both)

Spirit is legendary for our treatment of jumpseaters. We were among the first of fill the airplane with jumpseaters when able. If an airline pilot shows up to my airplane, I WILL attempt to get him on if at all possible. I don't even carry a scab list. We even allow offline jumpseaters to ride in the cabin FA jumpseats as long as our lead FA is ok with that. Our Captains have been know to write out a pass in order to smooth over a beligerant gate agent who doesn't want to issue multiple jumpseats.

You're wrong.

Sorry

enigma

BTW, why not post the name of your organization and I'll contact my jumpseat coordinator and find out how you got the reciprical, if you have one. If you have one, how do I go about getting on the next flight from ABQ to FLL?

I have used Spirit to jumpseat a few times, and they have always gone above and beyond for jumpseaters. An extremely professional group of people.

Jungle Jet, almost everything you have said about jumpseating is incorrect. You have zero credibility.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back