• Watchers 13

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

410dude

[font=ARIAL,]I've just returned from a quick trip to the UK flying DL from ATL to LGW. Both legs in BizE. Both legs on 767ER's

The condition of DL's 767ER's are embarrassing. On the way out my seat was broken (not being able to fully extend the leg rest), one of the lavs was non-functional, the other two in the premium cabin were showing tremendous signs of wear and tear, the cabin was full of dust and had a overall dingy and dirty appearance. The pillow waiting on my seat was stained. The blankets were worn and tattered.

When distributing newspapers before takeoff the FA offered me a USAToday. I asked her "is there was anything else" and she answered, "that's what I say when I look at my paycheck."

The meal service was fine but for the rest of the flight until breakfast not a single FA walked through the cabin to check if anyone needed anything else.

On the way back, my seat was again broken as the em-power didn't work. The condition of the cabin was even worse than the aircraft I took on the way over and the FA's were equally unconcerned.

In sharp contrast I took a BA flight from Gatwick to Manchester on Thursday and back to Heathrow on Friday. This is a one class service but you can purchase a business class fare (about 20 GBP more than a regular economy fare). For the 20 GBP you get access to the Terraces lounge at Gatwick, Manchester and Heathrow. A pre-assigned seat and a larger free baggage allowance.

It was the first time I was in a BA Terraces lounge. This lounge is one tier below BA's first class lounge. In every aspect the Terraces lounge beats DL's Crown Room or any BizE lounge it has.

The service on the short (30 - 35 minute) flights were impeccable. A snack box and two drink services were offered. The FA's were attentive and very polite.

Going forward, I think I'll fly BA's economy or premium class over rather than DL's BizE. There's just no comparison between the two carriers.

Hey General, how do you defend this?
[/font]

Last edited:
Did he mention the super-old, crotchety stews? Ohhh yes, he did.... I flew BA a few months back and the stews were young, fresh and attentive... The Virgin stews are even better....

On Your Six said:
The Virgin stews are even better....

I didn't know there were any.;)

Thats beacuse deltas biz e is just filled with a pile of non revs. But in all honesty it is not that bad, the equvalent is saying i stayed in the hilton and they suck because the ritz is better

I got to agree I flew International carriers F, C and Y class (BA,AF,KLM,VS) there is no comparaison with US Airlines, They even give you free drink ( Including Champagne ) in coach!!!

jws717 said:
But in all honesty it is not that bad, the equvalent is saying i stayed in the hilton and they suck because the ritz is better

Delta used to be the Ritz

pan am used to be the ritz, and i got a free round on delta on the way to rome, in the cattle class. By the way i dont realy care for people who think they are to cool for biz e. You know how many people will work their entire life and never eaven be able to afford a trip to europe in any class. but this is to much of a chore in biz e for mr fancy pants. grow up sit down dont bitch and eat your f-n peanuts.

410dude,

How much was the fare by the way? As far as our business E class, I think it is great. I am sure there are some planes that need some interior upgrades, and some of the ERs are getting them right now as we speak. It takes a while to do the outfitting, including new leather interiors, and new bathrooms that really do look nice (we have a few 757s in the new interior, and many MD88s). We can't really afford to take some of the 76ERs out of service even for a week during the busy Summer period. (We maybe could take a couple out at a time---not the whole fleet)

As far as the service from the stews, I do admit that sometimes the service is spotty. Some people really care about doing a great job, and some are burned out. We have a seniority based system, and the senior mamas like going to Europe so they can go shopping with other stews they have known for 30 plus years. What a great social life, eh? Firing them would amount to age discrimination. What can you do? Pay cuts. Offer large retirement packages (that hurt us financially even more). IF we could get rid of some, then we might be able to hire young, fun ones that actually care. (and are cheaper by the hour) But, it is tough to do any of that----except at a new LCC.

I think we are trying to get better overall, and our Song product was voted best LCC by Reader's Digest (not bad). We will probably add more of Song and subtract more of mainline to get the better product, but not on INTL routes. I am sure a complaint written by you to the right people would cause some sort of an investigation---and maybe some sort of change, or maybe spot inpections on service. Who knows? I would write somebody and tell them about your gripes.

As far as going BA or VS, I would say---DO IT. That leaves one more seat for that executive from Dothan, AL that doesn't have a choice and needs to go to Europe to sell Condoms. (Dothan has 2 or 3 Condom factories------heard that from an ASA pilot.....)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back