• Start date
  • Watchers 13

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My wife went to ATH from JFK a few months ago and I will never send her again on that bunk airline. They first lied to her on the reservations and told her that the luggage will go straight to KOS and not go through customs in ATH. When she finally got to ATH and had to go through customs she nearly missed her flight to KOS because of the B.S. that she was told. Second the food SUCKED and no toddler meals even after we requested them 3 times. 3rd, they split up my inlaws and my wife and the kids in the cabin and the F IN TICKETS WERE PURCHASED THE SAME TIME!!! We requested the bulkhead and denied because my kid may bother the crew who were resting in the seats just in front. Let me put it this way, I have flown Olympic many times and it is far and above better than Delta on that route..Delta has its work cut out for it...Losing 2B a quarter and cant get its act together compared to other airlines...good luck....seeeya

hellas said:
My wife went to ATH from JFK a few months ago and I will never send her again on that bunk airline. They first lied to her on the reservations and told her that the luggage will go straight to KOS and not go through customs in ATH. When she finally got to ATH and had to go through customs she nearly missed her flight to KOS because of the B.S. that she was told. Second the food SUCKED and no toddler meals even after we requested them 3 times. 3rd, they split up my inlaws and my wife and the kids in the cabin and the F IN TICKETS WERE PURCHASED THE SAME TIME!!! We requested the bulkhead and denied because my kid may bother the crew who were resting in the seats just in front. Let me put it this way, I have flown Olympic many times and it is far and above better than Delta on that route..Delta has its work cut out for it...Losing 2B a quarter and cant get its act together compared to other airlines...good luck....seeeya

Good story. How is Olympic doing anyway? Worse than Delta. Soon Delta will be your only choice nonstop to ATH from the USA. And, Delta's $2 billion loss during one quarter had a $1.5 billion CHARGE in it. (A write off of ASA/Comair) You don't know what you are talking about. Can't get it's act together (DL)? I guess our comparrison loss this last quarter was as bad as the previous year? We actually beat the street estimates for the loss per share. We also have restructured quite a bit--leaving DFW etc. But you don't think we have done anything..... How could you check luggage straight thru to KOS? We don't go to KOS and neither does any of our Skyteam members. Did you get the seats together on the computer? You can do that you know. Toddler meals? Was that for you too? Do you usually eat coach meals? Next time, bring something from the airport on the plane, like Sabarros Pizza. The only food I eat from the plane is the Business E food---and it is good. And, I have flown from JFK to ATH(for a Greek cruise with the wife---really nice country), and my flight was great---albeit we sat in Business E.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
This is a classic example of why Delta and the other legacy carriers need to "go away".

Hmm 410 dude so you can fly ALL of the pax from ALL legacy carriers X country in your CRJ?? That would be comfortable. Oh wait...I see that with less than 1000hrs..you prolly only paid for CRJ FMS training.

Ya know...I do wish, besides shutting it, you would do one thing. Write Delta and tell our company what the FA said. I firmly believe that is the reason people are unhappy. I flew "us" all last year on Govt tickets to support Pres movement...and most of the FAs told me (and other pax) they couldnt wait to retire, etc...that sends a message to the pax.

So I tell the folks under me in the military...stop bitching and fix it....

Delta needs to fix the problem and SO do the Employees.....my room-mate is an auditor for delta (ghost rider) and for the most part the employees are unhappy/RUDE--the crews, the ground staff,..HEY GUYS people can fly other airlines and you know what --THEY ARE !!!!

SONG is a better product and Delta is suppose to be the crown JEWEL???

Was flight attendant at CAL for 9 years before piloting here at the connection and yes CAL F/As--can give Delta some lessons.They need them..

If you can not wait to retire then leave!!!!You are ruining an airline and peoples career for treating pax like you do....DL pilots need to tell the F/As if you don't want to be here today then we need to get someone that does, have heard that a couple of times at cal...That usually glues them in...shape up or get the heck out of here

Now that I have become a corporate pilot, we have to pay for our tickets. When we reposition we typically pick a legacy carrier who has a contract with AMEX travel or the mother company.

In the last 3 years have tried them all, what I have determined is; The legacy carriers have become the LCC of international travel. If you want ameneties, personal service and high quality, fly the flag carrier of the contry to which you are traveling. If you want a cheap ticket and FF points fly a legacy carrier.

General Lee, a loss of 2B is a loss and you beat the street huh..OK.. the same street that is expecting massive concessions or bankruptcy...OH that street..Oh you thought your were the only one to read WSJ.. do me a favor next time you are with on a cruise in Greece, look off into the distance at at one of those beautiful villas, you will see me waving.. Bye Bye General Lee.
And By the way that IS what YOUR bunk reservation agent said , Straight throughto KOS..As for the kiddie meal comment, I love guys who are tough guys and smart comments on net, I WOULD love to meet to you in person..

General Lee said:
Come on now, everyone has had bad experiences on EVERY airline. My dad's mom's ex sister-n-law hated CAL because she was stuck in EWR for an extra 50 minutes due to a MX issue........ There are people who strive to do well, and there are people who are burned out. We all know that. Don't make an assumption that every flight is like the one you described.

I readily admit that. My parents have also had excellent service on DL as well. There are good and bad experiences everywhere. I was relating the one bad story and never said every DL flight is like the one I described.

My parents also recently traveled on CAL as revenue passengers and after hearing what a EWR gate agent said and did to them I told them to write a letter to the company. The response from CAL was, "We do apologize for any bad experience you might have had. However, we did get you to your destination on that flight and see the situation as resolved."

That would be like me saying all CAL pilots are scabs. That is just NOT the case.

I'm glad you think so. The very first time I ever jumpseated was on a DL flight and the captain called me a scab. Told me that anyone who works for CAL or CALEX (now XJT) is a scab no matter when they were hired or born. He did let me ride in the cabin only, but the F/A profusely apologized for this guy's words and actions.

Do I think all DL pilots are like this? No. Do I expect this is how it will be everytime I jumpseat on DL? Not at all. This was one bad experience. Since then I have had nothing but great experiences on DL.

hellas said:
General Lee, a loss of 2B is a loss and you beat the street huh..OK.. the same street that is expecting massive concessions or bankruptcy...OH that street..Oh you thought your were the only one to read WSJ.. do me a favor next time you are with on a cruise in Greece, look off into the distance at at one of those beautiful villas, you will see me waving.. Bye Bye General Lee.
And By the way that IS what YOUR bunk reservation agent said , Straight throughto KOS..As for the kiddie meal comment, I love guys who are tough guys and smart comments on net, I WOULD love to meet to you in person..

Thanks tough guy. You believe everything you hear? I guess you do. We also have nonstop service to MARS, according to the agent. Is that you waving at that beautiful villa high atop Mykinos, Greece? Quit waving at me. Why are you waving at me? Stop it. You need to stay over there, get a job for Olympic. That is your ticket to paradise.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
CLE145CA said:
I readily admit that. My parents have also had excellent service on DL as well. There are good and bad experiences everywhere. I was relating the one bad story and never said every DL flight is like the one I described.

My parents also recently traveled on CAL as revenue passengers and after hearing what a EWR gate agent said and did to them I told them to write a letter to the company. The response from CAL was, "We do apologize for any bad experience you might have had. However, we did get you to your destination on that flight and see the situation as resolved."

I'm glad you think so. The very first time I ever jumpseated was on a DL flight and the captain called me a scab. Told me that anyone who works for CAL or CALEX (now XJT) is a scab no matter when they were hired or born. He did let me ride in the cabin only, but the F/A profusely apologized for this guy's words and actions.

Do I think all DL pilots are like this? No. Do I expect this is how it will be everytime I jumpseat on DL? Not at all. This was one bad experience. Since then I have had nothing but great experiences on DL.

That DL guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about. Most are not like that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

tuna pimp said:
I'm gonna call BS on this. In 7 years at DL, nonrevving a few trips a month, I have ALWAYS gotten at least a beverage service on the plane. Even the short trips down to DAB or PNS or CHS.
Maybe an issue with catering that day??
Thank you. This is bullsh-t!

Latest resources

Back