Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's new leisure travel w/ Skywest WTF!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're ASA/SKW and you ask to jumpseat instead of non-rev I wonder if you'll still get charged? Won't it still use your PPR number to try to get a seat in the back using your boarding priority?

Delta takes unlimited jumpseaters. Why not just go to the gate and request the jumpseat. If the agent gets all the way down to the S3c's when boarding, then they will probably get jumpseaters on. And if you do it this way, its a free ride instead of this paying junk!

I just have a hard time paying delta my hard earned wages after they closed my base and put me in this situation.

Riding on delta will be the last option for me now.

Call your union rep.

How is the union going to help with something that mainline has control over? It is still a PRIVLEDGE they extend to you not a right. They do not have to let you on their flights at all. Trust me mainline benefits are much more valuable than flying somewhere on a stupid weight restricted RJ. You also can still jumpseat if you are a pilot. Even if it is a few bucks per segment at least you know that you will get on if there are open seats. RJs often leave with open seats due to weight issues. That is a privledge no one should have to pay for.

The RJ is either weight restricted in the summer due to heat or weight restricted in the winter due to alternate fuel. Thank god I don't fly that damn POS anymore. Americans have turned into a bunch of lazy fat asses so the RJ is weight restricted more often than it is not. Bottom line is everyone should fly free on RJs and all regional employees should pay to fly on mainline. Almost every other airline has done it this way for years. For all you DCI people it is simply time to pay the piper.

BTW why didn't I hear this same whining about united? United charges more than Delta does to SkyWest employees to non rev yet you hear no complaining about that. I know the charge on united is something like .04/mile. When I worked for SkyWest I simply jumpseated so I didn't have to pay the fee. United charges you people more yet you do not complain about that. I wonder why.

Last edited:
BTW why didn't I hear this same whining about united? United charges more than Delta does to SkyWest employees to non rev yet you hear no complaining about that. I know the charge on united is something like .04/mile. When I worked for SkyWest I simply jumpseated so I didn't have to pay the fee. United charges you people more yet you do not complain about that. I wonder why.

Uh, thats probably because United doesnt charge that fee anymore. Also who cares about the fee when you cant even get a good idea of what the loads are like, and I think we have complained about that.

How is the union going to help with something that mainline has control over? It is still a PRIVLEDGE they extend to you not a right. They do not have to let you on their flights at all. Trust me mainline benefits are much more valuable than flying somewhere on a stupid weight restricted RJ. You also can still jumpseat if you are a pilot. Even if it is a few bucks per segment at least you know that you will get on if there are open seats. RJs often leave with open seats due to weight issues. That is a privledge no one should have to pay for.

The RJ is either weight restricted in the summer due to heat or weight restricted in the winter due to alternate fuel. Thank god I don't fly that damn POS anymore. Americans have turned into a bunch of lazy fat asses so the RJ is weight restricted more often than it is not. Bottom line is everyone should fly free on RJs and all regional employees should pay to fly on mainline. Almost every other airline has done it this way for years. For all you DCI people it is simply time to pay the piper.

Go away.

United certainly DOES still charge UEX employees for travel, and it is more than DL charges. UAL free flights went away when they were in BK and I assure you there was much complaining about that at the time as well.

this one is wayyyyy too easy! Where is that wonderful management team you guys always brag about now when you need them?????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back