• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Weather Procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B.S. Flag!! Pax are flying price only. Same lame a$$ will be back for the next cheap flight. I saw SWA go off a runway at AMA in 2003 and they aren't hurting for pax!

And, Delta did get you to DFW and not via an ambulence so shut the F up you so called no it all-

Flyer7SA said:
FlyingSig, you're absolutely right. It is kinda strange how all that time has passed since that thread and somehow I got a reply to it in my inbox and it seems to have started a snowball effect. Someone must have done a search on a word and didn't realize how old the thread was... No matter. Kinda nice to be back on the board again. My how times have changed, eh?

As for bad thunderstorms, we had an exciting afternoon in Wichita. A couple of friends made it in just before the storm (which seemed to die out pretty fast after dark). I had moved from Atlanta to Wichita since I made that post, and I thought that we had some pretty good storms in the south until I moved out here. The Wx out here is full of extremes. In the fall, seriously, watch out for trying to get into ICT on a foggy morning. I drive past the approach end of RWY 19R every day to work and there were some mornings I couldn't see the airport fence 15 feet from the road. I was watching a pretty good light show the other night, listening for sirens and then watching hail accumulate on my deck thinking, I'm glad I'm not up in that - and this was around 11:30PM. We never had hail in ATL that I can remember at night, yet alone very often.

Back on topic, though, sometimes I've chuckled at airlines that deviate WAY out of their way to avoid the slightest bumps or clouds. I shutter to think how my version of "medium chop" must feel to some of those airliner types... Then again, I think that my version of "smooth ride at 330" must be a harrowing experience to some . I've learned to gage my pireps according to the audience listening. Perhaps one pilot's "light chop" is another's "moderate turbulence". -Hard to say.

Livin' the dream,
Flyer7SA
Exactly, your light chop to me in my c172 is "ah hell here we go". The other thing that I try to stress to every students and all my instructors make Pireps. While your flying around in good conditions, there are others sitting on the ground pushing back or cancelling flights because of what a briefer/computer is telling them.

Latest resources

Back