• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta wants to start ATL--Moscow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of our pilots used to fly for Aeroflot. According to him anyone of us would probably love to get the kind of treatment they got. Anyway he told me their flight attendants had to be "hot" No if's and's or buts about it. Isn't that worth something?

A couple years ago Aeroflot flew a 777 from Moscow to SEA with continuing service to SFO. I have also seen them in JFK in the past. But, on OAG online, they show only scheduled 767s to the States.

I am sure there are plenty of "hot" Aeroflot stews. We had "hot" stews at Delta in the '70s, but the problem is they are all still here.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

"aeroflot problems"

General, let's think about this. Most people traveling to Russia from the US are returning to the HOMELAND to visit family and friends, or to do business, so your comment that the American Businessman feels more comfortable on Delta is questionable at best. Many "American Businessmen" are actually former citizens of the USSR who now live in the US.

Having flown Delta, Lufthansa, and Aeroflot to Moscow, I have to say that not only is the price better on Aeroflot, but I never have to worry about being bumped (which has happened several times on Delta). Most importantly, I choose Aeroflot because they don't treat you like they're doing you a favor by "letting" you fly on their plane.....

justthewife said:
Most importantly, I choose Aeroflot because they don't treat you like they're doing you a favor by "letting" you fly on their plane.....

You've pretty much summed it up.

I for one would rather see flights to Moscow or anywhere else across the pond on US carriers, flown by US pilots. Go Delta.

skykid said:
I for one would rather see flights to Moscow or anywhere else across the pond on US carriers, flown by US pilots. Go Delta.

If the service is better and comfort level higher on a foreign carrier, I'd rather see the U.S. carrier fly or taxi by through that foreign carrier's cabin window, without me on it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back