Delta wants to start ATL--Moscow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wrigley23 said:
I wouldn't go as far as saying they're fluent. The last time I was inJFK the tower guy was having a lot of trouble communicating with theAeroflot guys. I couldn't understand a single word, except for"Aeroflot". I'm not picking on them, I've seen the same problemswith even Lufthansa and Air France. The New York controllers do a greatjob considering the language barrier sometimes.

They speak much better english than I speak any foriegn language! ;)

General Lee said:
That statement is not true. Aeroflot still flies a 767-300ER from Moscow Sheremetyevo airport daily to JFK, according to the latest flight schedule. The only 777 Aeroflot service I saw online was from Moscow to Beijing, Tokyo, and New Delhi. All of the flights to the US are 767s(to JFK, SEA, LAX, and IAD). And, I would have to disagree about the service. Also, most American businessmen probably would choose Delta service, and are probably afraid of Aeroflot and their old perceived service problems.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OK....767 it is...

Think outside your narrow little box general.

Most businessmen on that DAL UUEE flight are not American, and would rather be on the Aeroflot flight - the service is better...

I know, I know....better than Delta Airlines??? No way.

impossible..

Wake up General, DAL service is just like any other US carriers - spotty at best. Its a painful ride from point A to B. Anyone would rather ride Virgin, British, Lufthansa, SAS, Air France, even Aeroflot on an International flight...anyday.

I know...impossible...were Delta Airlines!! right?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
boomlrd said:
Wow!!! And I thought I was the only guy with a Hooter's girl for a wife! LOL!
Speaking of wives. . . how is "Queen of Sky" doing these days??

The word is she got hired at Tab express ;)..

Gulfstream 200,

Narrow little box? What? I don't just fly domestic flights and then just go home. I travel quite a bit for fun, and I have used some of our Skyteam partners on occasion. Sure, their flight attendants are usually a lot younger than ours, but our stews do a pretty good job overall. Our Business Elite cabin and seats are usually a lot nicer than most of our competitors, except for the sleeper seats in other airlines first calss sections. And, when it comes to Aeroflot, they have a LONG WAY TO GO to get over the hump of people being scared to try them. They have always had a bad image, and that isn't my "narrow view"---that is shared by 3/4 of the free world. They have done well by buying new Airbus planes as of late to replace some of their TU-154's and IL-62s, but they still have IL-96s and IL-86s, and they are "third world" aircraft. Also, the airports in Moscow are old, and spread out---with security lacking at most. Delta has paid extra for extra security, and I can't say the same for Aeroflot. Is that a "narrow view?" I never said Delta was better than everyone else---probably far from it. But, I would bet that it is better than Aeroflot. Have a great day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
"The only 777 Aeroflot service I saw online was from Moscow to Beijing, Tokyo, and New Delhi. All of the flights to the US are 767s(to JFK, SEA, LAX, and IAD)."

I was flying LAX to COS the week after Thanks Giving(I don't remember the day of the week) but an AeroFlot 777 followed us out and I don't think they were headed to Asia. I guess it could have been an odd plane out for the month or something.
Not trying to discredit anyone I just wanted to throw my 2 cents into the machine. I expect to get a little change.
thanks,

dmbfarmer

At JFK 2 days ago And aeroflot 767 taxiing by. I think, its been a while

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back