• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta vs FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to DAL and just forget about FedEx. My fiancee wants as little competition as possible. :D

Just kidding....well, not really....but seriously, I'd go to Delta, check it out and worry about FedEx IF you are hired.

As usual, nice post Albie.:beer:

Funny you should ask...

Great post Albie...

I was on a crew bus for a rather lengthy ride to a far gate last night... I was talking with a 727 SO who stated it was his second tour as an SO on the Boeing... He went on to say he was with Delta in his previous life. I asked him how it was there and he said that it didn't even compare... There were so many quality of life issues that paled in comparision to FedEx that the list was long. He said, one for instance... he had a hard time bidding at FedEx when he first got here. He said something to the tune of he wasn't used to getting paid for time away vs. block hours. He said, the door had to be closed for the $ to start coming in at Delta.

We talked for a few minutes and he seemed to have a pretty good outlook on his future here at FedEx.

I would never "dis" someone else's airline, but he for one seemed to like FedEx over Delta.

Goose17

oh, also... the scedules, times, equipment, trip length, etc vary GREATLY at FedEx. Everyone seems to find something they like.

I NEED a job!!

Seriously, go to Delta if you get hired. If and when FedEx calls for an interview, make your decision then. Dont pass an opportunity that you may regret later if FedEx doesnt happen to call. I made that mistake once (corporate gig), and will never let it happen again.

Delta will get some or most of their money back, I predict. Fedex, well only one of the most sought after jobs by all of us.

Heck, go where you don't have to commute! Either way you'll be alright. Right General?

Flight attendents at FEDEX are hotter!!!!!!!!!!!! Those old bags at Delta need to go....

If you go to Delta you will likely be able to bid 767ER right off the bat (or soon thereafter) and fly international out of JFK as much as you like since you live in the area.

Get out of AirTrash - what they did to Lear 70 makes me SICK!!!!! :mad:

Then don't commute.

Living near NYC gives you a relatively unique advantage (85% of the NYC base commutes) in that reserve won't be too painful as long as you can get from your house to one of the 3 NYC airports in a "reasonable amount of time." NYC is the junior domicile. I am looking at holding a line at the 6-month mark in the 73n (I imagine it would be a lot sooner in the 88 and a lot longer in the ER.)

You will make more money and have more job security at FedEx. However, nothing is guaranteed, commuting sucks, and flying cargo is a whole different animal than flying pax (ie: it's not for everyone.)

Most of the new 757ERs coming from AA will be going to the NYC ER base, so the 757/767ER base there will be junior too, and a line should be fairly quick to be had there in the near future. Also, rumor has it that we will add a 777 base to JFK to do Mumbai and Tokyo NRT (we did NRT with an MD11 and I think we are leasing the slot to someone else now). We would open JFK up as a 777 base as soon as we started the NRT service back up again supposedly. That would be a very junior 777 base too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Either choice would be great! Its like fretting over winning and having to choose a Benz or BMW.....

With that said.... anyone want to address the merger factor???

Either choice would be great! Its like fretting over winning and having to choose a Benz or BMW.....

With that said.... anyone want to address the merger factor???

except DAL is like the BMW that was a lemon out of the factory. Works great one day and the next, you are renting a car from enterprise called the neon cause the BMW pooped it again. Fedex and DAL are more like the Bentley vs. the old BMW that is rusted but has potential...but requires some major work.

From what I've heard it sounds like Hong Kong will be a junior domicle for new hires. For guys like myself who are 2-3 years from having 1000 PIC and have reservations about going to Hong Kong can we forget about ever going to Fedex?

What about the guys currently based in the PIs, will they go to China? Any predictions on how this will this will shake out?

I realize that this industry is constantly changing and once all the details are ironed out it may not be near as rough as it seems.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back