• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO, it's definitely hatred, coupled with jealousy. Along with seriously strange!:confused:

Does it matter what I am?

Just answer why the new -900's can't be mainline airplanes?

Everyone has already answered that. You just aren't willing to listen to reason.

I'm not being reasonable?

The only reason I've been given is that it's cheaper.

Duh. Of course it is when you create a whipsaw market. The reasonable problem with that argument is they are boiling the frog. Slowly expanding the size of airplane that argument fits.

Tell me why they won't use the next economic downturn to outsource RJ-1000's?

The only reason I've been given is that it's cheaper.

Like everything in life, it's a little bit more nuanced than that. Like a classic teabagger, you're trying to take something quite complicated and whittle it down to emotional sound bites that make your point sound better than it really is.

The fact that it's cheaper isn't really dispositive. The fact that everyone else can do it for that price, and such a price is what makes up the competitive market place, is. When one company is forced to pay $5,000/block hour for a 76-seat airplane, and every one of that company's competitors can outsource the same 76-seat airplane for $3,000/block hour, it isn't sustainable. That's essentially what you want the Delta pilots to force Delta to do. First of all, it can't be done. Delta management will just never agree to it, so the Delta pilots would be stuck in Section 6 limbo until they finally give up. Second, the NMB won't put up with it, so they'll park negotiations to increase management's leverage and punish the pilots for taking an unreasonable position. The NMB would leave them parked until the pilots moved off of their unreasonable position on a permissive area of bargaining.

Tell me why they won't use the next economic downturn to outsource RJ-1000's?

Because no carrier outsources RJ-1000s, so there isn't a competitive disadvantage for any carrier that would be entering bankruptcy under your hypothetical bankruptcy environment. Bankruptcy judges don't just hand out concessions to management teams like candy. Those managements have to justify their demands by demonstrating to the judge that they need the concessions in order to be competitive in the market place. When no other carrier outsources RJ-1000s, management can't make a reasonable case for needing that concession. The judge won't grant it.

Like everything in life, it's a little bit more nuanced than that. Like a classic teabagger, you're trying to take something quite complicated and whittle it down to emotional sound bites that make your point sound better than it really is.

The fact that it's cheaper isn't really dispositive. The fact that everyone else can do it for that price, and such a price is what makes up the competitive market place, is. When one company is forced to pay $5,000/block hour for a 76-seat airplane, and every one of that company's competitors can outsource the same 76-seat airplane for $3,000/block hour, it isn't sustainable. That's essentially what you want the Delta pilots to force Delta to do. First of all, it can't be done. Delta management will just never agree to it, so the Delta pilots would be stuck in Section 6 limbo until they finally give up. Second, the NMB won't put up with it, so they'll park negotiations to increase management's leverage and punish the pilots for taking an unreasonable position. The NMB would leave them parked until the pilots moved off of their unreasonable position on a permissive area of bargaining.

Because no carrier outsources RJ-1000s, so there isn't a competitive disadvantage for any carrier that would be entering bankruptcy under your hypothetical bankruptcy environment. Bankruptcy judges don't just hand out concessions to management teams like candy. Those managements have to justify their demands by demonstrating to the judge that they need the concessions in order to be competitive in the market place. When no other carrier outsources RJ-1000s, management can't make a reasonable case for needing that concession. The judge won't grant it.

Thanks PCL, great explanation. Hopefully Wave will figure it out eventually.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Does it matter what I am?
Not to me, but it should to your compadres at SW

Just answer why the new -900's can't be mainline airplanes?
Answered already. If you can't comprehend english, I suggest you take reading/english classes.
Now I understand thee vitrol. You had to pay to get a job at Southwest, while 1700 of your Airtran brothers didn't. You had to interview, while 1700 of your Air Tran brothers didn't. I'd be pissed too.;)
Just let it go sport. You have no idea what you're talking about. It DOESN'T concern you. You have your own issues to deal with.

Who else outsources -900's?
Usair and ???
Mesa operates 38 of them
Who else allows bigger RJs?

None of the other big 3 do and DALPA pilots here always claimed they had to bc of BK-

Right now, outsourced -900's have only been outsourced under duress- ie: BK and merger and none to the level that DALPA already allows and is asking for.
Just the new -900's is almost equal to the amount of all of usair's large RJ fleet (175's&-900's.) Delta easily has the most large RJs in their network.

I'm sorry guys, but I see delta putting way more pressure on the rest of the industry to "go bigger" than the other way around.

Wave:Your tourettes is acting up. Take your meds. Go to the gym, and work out.. Kiss your old man/lady, whatever, and give red a hug. You need to let this go. Worry about your own house before trying to get ours in order!

-900's are 86,000#, FL410, 320kias/.80M up to 90 pax, $46M jets that will be used on mainline routes.

Why you don't get that mainline pilots ought to fly them is beyond me.

-900's are 86,000#, FL410, 320kias/.80M up to 90 pax, $46M jets that will be used on mainline routes.

Why you don't get that mainline pilots ought to fly them is beyond me.
Tourettes. Must...Take....Meds......Already!..........***********************************!

Latest resources

Back