Delta Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who else outsources -900's?

You're looking at aircraft type, rather than size, which really isn't relevant. United outsources large numbers of EMB-175s, which can seat up to 88 passengers. They just have them configured with fewer seats by installing first class, which is exactly what Delta does with the -900s in order to comply with DALPA's scope language. You also mention USAirways, who is allowed to outsource airplanes already with up to 86 seats. Those airplanes have been in the air for many years already with Mesa. Sorry, but you can't paint this as some sort of new paradigm. Outsourcing airplanes the size of -900s has been going on for quite some time. DALPA's TA is just putting better restrictions on it.

Why you don't get that mainline pilots ought to fly them is beyond me.

What everyone thinks "ought" to happen and what is capable of being achieved through collective bargaining are two very different things. You seem to have great difficulty in understanding that concept. I'm glad that you aren't on the SWAPA NC.

You don't get what you deserve, you get what you can negotiate.

Seriously?

everybody needs to ignore that whining crybaby Wave and now that he bought a job, he can troll around all things Delta and right the wrongs in his eyes.

Just ignore him......he'll go away eventually. Im all stocked up with stupidity and blocking him months ago helped....

You're looking at aircraft type, rather than size, which really isn't relevant. United outsources large numbers of EMB-175s, which can seat up to 88 passengers. They just have them configured with fewer seats by installing first class, which is exactly what Delta does with the -900s in order to comply with DALPA's scope language. You also mention USAirways, who is allowed to outsource airplanes already with up to 86 seats. Those airplanes have been in the air for many years already with Mesa. Sorry, but you can't paint this as some sort of new paradigm. Outsourcing airplanes the size of -900s has been going on for quite some time. DALPA's TA is just putting better restrictions on it.

No, that isn't true. Get the facts.

Republic flies a lot of 170's for united and I believe is limited to 66 seats- so there is a healthy first class in those.

Republic does fly 38 175's for usair- again, only achieved during bk-+ Mesa flies 38 -900's. That's 76 total airframes that size flying in their network.

Delta IS asking for almost as many NEW -900's as the only other carrier that operates that size has total.

And this will be the FIRST time a -900 sized airframe will be outsourced while not under duress. It sets a strong legal precedent the rest of the industry will have a hard time overcoming.

Wave.....Tourettes.....Must.....Take.....medicine......Now.....******************** YOU!!!!!!:laugh:

No, that isn't true. Get the facts.

Republic flies a lot of 170's for united and I believe is limited to 66 seats- so there is a healthy first class in those.

Republic does fly 38 175's for usair- again, only achieved during bk-+ Mesa flies 38 -900's. That's 76 total airframes that size flying in their network.

Delta IS asking for almost as many NEW -900's as the only other carrier that operates that size has total.

And this will be the FIRST time a -900 sized airframe will be outsourced while not under duress. It sets a strong legal precedent the rest of the industry will have a hard time overcoming.
Wave. Was it ok when you took that rj job knowing that job was outsourced? Was it ok when you took that SW job knowing that you're lowering the bar by paying for training? Why is it that NO OTHER AIRLINE CHARGES THEIR EMPLOYEES TO WORK THERE?

Yes, it was ok. Yes, it was ok. Those were my choices. Voting to sellout out other pilots who now have to make their way in a whipsaw market or quit the industry they're invested in? Not ok.

DALPA- this TA will truly be a changing of the guard in our industry. Pass this and there's no more chest puffing. No more Swa did this way back.
It's Swa is holding up the industry while DALPA sells it out.
A total role reversal from 15 years ago.

Hope you're ready for that.

Hey scooter- do you refute anything I said in my posts? Are my facts incorrect? Or are facts a bit inconvenient for you?

You guys are good with outsourcing firsts- first to let a jet off the property, the only big three to outsource 76 seats, and now the only carrier to do so out of BK.

Good work sellouts

Wow, so are you.
Refute it then. Outsourcing has been bad for EVERY pilot. Delta is the undisputed leader in outsourcing after this TA. Do you disagree?
Make an argument.

Of course I disagree. And I've already made my argument. Again, you just refuse to listen. This TA is a step in the right direction. It's not more outsourcing, it's less. The numbers speak for themselves.

Latest resources

Back