Delta upgrade to business for non revs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dan Roman

Anyone know if Delta, on Europe flights, will put zed fare Pax's in business if its open and coach is full? Is there an upgrade available at the counter if not?

Anyone know if Delta, on Europe flights, will put zed fare Pax's in business if its open and coach is full? Is there an upgrade available at the counter if not?

Don't know about ZED but as a jumpseater, they tossed me in biz/first from NRT to BKK. Thank you very much DAL/NWA :)

I have traveled to Europe with my family a couple of times on Delta using a Zed fare and we were upgraded every time. Also, when my wife travels on Zed fare domestically and there are seats available up front she has always been upgraded.

We put nonrevs in business/first class first. If no seats available, they go in economy.

We put nonrevs in business/first class first. If no seats available, they go in economy.

Not ZED passes generally though. They go back in coach.

Dan -

You should list as a jumpseater yourself and when you check in with the crew, mention your family is sitting wherever on a ZED pass. They'll be last for seats anyway so they'll get what's left, but at least the crew might take the initiative and have them move up to business if there are seats left.

In terms of priority, Zeds are only to be seated in coach. Works that way for DAL zeds on other airlines also, however some gate agents either forget that or kindly treat zeds as regular company non revs. Just have to be nice and hope for the best I guess.
Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ZEDs generally aren't allowed to fly first class on any airline but many allow business if they have 3 classes.

Unrelated to Delta but have purchased ZED in American for my mother to Europe and each time she was put in Business. Very much appreciated.

Now I have purchased coach seats on Delta to Europe, can I get an extra snack?! Kidding of course.

Latest resources

Back