Delta, United, or American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Uncle Bunkle

Okay, which one should I go to? Got offers now, trying to weigh the pros/cons of each.
I don't want to commute. I want to fly the 787.

Okay, which one should I go to? Got offers now, trying to weigh the pros/cons of each.

Delta Pay and benefits, United Routes structure and bases and American progression and retirements.

If you have to fly the 787, then I guess it would be United. Not sure that would rise to my level of deciding a career on, but everyone has their own wants/needs.

As far as commuting, I would just expect to move to one of the big 3 bases and mark that box.

DAL may be announcing a 787 order by year's end. Planes come and go though - I wouldn't center my career around a specific model of commercial equipment.

Delta major retirements after 2019
United major retirements Now
American major retirements 2017

Pick the base because at the end all will provide the same retirement $$$$$

Pick Delta.

It's the best at literally everything. You'll have the best uniforms, the best pay, the best benefits, the best and guaranteed profit-sharing, the best growth, the most retirements, your own personal oil refinery, the best in-flight ice cream sundaes, and of course, the best choices. It's all faaaan-tastic! All other airlines suck, and you'd be better off working the midnight shift at 7-11, rather than working for any other airline. And best of all, you'll never have to fly to Lubbock!

....... At least that's what I got from listening to General Lee. Hope I didn't forget anything. :)

Bubba

Can't believe the arrogant pr!ck himself GL hasn't chimed in yet. Must be finishing up his daily "History of Delta Air Lines" movie.

I would say all 3 will have the 787 on property eventually or the 350XWB. So I wouldn't get to crazy with the equipment requirements. I would call friends at each airline. Get the retirement numbers. Figure which one will provide greatest seniority/upgrade (protection from furlough). Look at which one you could live at being in the right seat for a long time if the industry craps out like it always does. Or you can choose based on paint livery and uniforms. That works too. Good luck and congrats!

Do any of the Big 3 allow cowboy boots to be worn in the cockpit? Because that is one of my biggest pet peeves. (I hate them being worn as part of the uniform).

Hold out for SWA so you can fly the corndog to Lubbuck.

If SWA doesn't deem you worthy, go to Delta.

Latest resources

Back