• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta uniform for sale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Miles, I hate to get into the game of slamming another, but can I just say without offending- you cheapen yourself and the profession with that sort of comment.
If you want to drive a bus at 55 mph, on the ground, where you can pull over if you want, then you might be right. I've worked in the airlines (majors) for six years now, not a long time, but it makes the division easier- in six years I've pulled in about, oh, 165k. Maybe. High side. They say if you haven't been furloughed, you aren't a real airline pilot? Guess that makes me a real one.
If I could make good bucks the last two, three years before retiring, I'd look at that as a good thing. You're so dang married to your company (seniority being what it is), that when it tanks, you've got squat and best you can hope is to start at the bottom again- assuming you can still pass the medical, at another airline. The old farts got what they were worth when they (IF they) made it to the top of the seniority heap. C'mon, think about the career you've (presumably) chosen for yourself. Don't put yourself, your worth down. It isn't becoming.

It is a life lesson, I hope everyone is Paying attention. There is no such thing as corporate loyalty, Never depend on anyone or thing for your financial security. You must develope a plan of your own. promises are just that, promises

miles otoole said:
I think he forgot to add "Suit has egg yolk stains from being worn while squeezing neck of golden chicken."

Douchebag

Miles, you are a tool.

I find it sad that one pilot would put down a group of professionals for wanting to collect a piece of what was once the largest pie ever created by an airline. If the pilots did not take their piece management surely would.

I found the ebay add pathetic and sad. Wearing that uniform(Western acutually) was something that I dreamed about since I was a kid. I now cannot leave corporate and accept the substandard wages that the new "majors" are offering.

SWAPoolie said:
That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You can buy wings from their memorabilia section or at any aviation specific store. Shirts and epaulets from Sporty's or numerous other outlets.

Why do people think polyester pants and a taxi cab drivers hat is so special that anyone can't just buy one?

eBay got a call from someone at Delta and they caved.

It's ebay policy.

The following items related to the commercial airline and public transportation industries may not be listed on eBay:
  • Any article of clothing or identification related to transportation security or employment with any transportation related industry, including but not limited to, articles of commercial airline pilot's uniforms, flight attendant's uniforms, baggage or airport service personnel uniforms, mass transit train or subway related uniforms. Vintage clothing related to commercial airlines, trains, or subways, such as ties, scarves, jackets and similar items, may be sold so long as the item description clearly states that the item is at least 10 years old, is no longer in use by the airline or other transit authority and does not resemble any piece of the current uniforms.
  • Manuals or other materials related to mass commercial public transportation, including safety manuals put out by commercial airlines, or entities operating subways, trains or buses. These too may only be listed if the description clearly states that the material is obsolete and no longer in use by the airline or other transit authority.
  • Any official internal, related, non-public documents.

Latest resources

Back