• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta travel priviledges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really do not see what the big deal is. After Delta changed our priority, I changed my attitude. If Delta wanted me to get to work to fly 20 flights in 4 days then they will make it happen. If you care enough to call them (I did not), they will give you positive space to prevent cancelling all of those flights. Then you can get on an airplane ahead of the #1 pilot at Delta, again, if getting to work is that important to you.

I would show up to the gate, get treated like s.... by Delta gate agents, miss my two flights and go home. If 20 Delta Connection flights are cancelled in four days because I could not get to work, more reason for me to celebrate on my extra days off work! F...Delta!!!

Last edited:
Actually, I AM a Delta Connection pilot. Sure I work for a contracted carrier, but my regional airline does not sell tickets. They are ALL sold by Delta. People book on Delta. They book a flight from Pittsburgh to Rome via Atlanta, and no one knows the PIT to ATL flight is on a RJ operated by Pinnacle. My airline operates 142 jets throughout the Delta system. Now that we've merged with another Delta Connection carrier, we operate 202 RJs for Delta.

"Self entitled prick"? Hey, I'm just trying to get to work. Sure, go ahead, let that retiree get to where he's going, while I'm left behind and then have to call in honest. One time, due to lack of staffing, my flights were actually cancelled then. Your retiree getting onboard just cost Delta passengers a couple cancellations. Sure, we don't staff properly, but it wouldn't have been an issue if a working pilot could have gone on before a retiree, even if it's a contracted carrier. Because here is the bottom line: Delta Connection makes up almost half of the domestic operations of Delta. For Delta's own operational benefit, we Delta Connection pilots do matter.

How about "any pass-privilieges you do get as a retiree is a gift." GM retirees got industry leading medical bennies even throughout retirement and were taken good care of by GM in a retirees golden years. That was years ago, and today, you get a middle finger when you retire. So why don't you consider yourself lucky. And during the time your father worked the 35 years at Delta, Delta did not have nearly 50% of their domestic ops being operated as Delta Connection. Today, they do.

Sure, why don't you hire first? I already heard about an internal Delta memo stating no planned hiring for 2012.

Sounds like BS to me. If the company was so short that the result of you not getting on the flight was a cancellation then the company would have positive spaced you. You said other non revs got on so the company would have no problem bumping off a non rev to get you on. Again, sounds like BS to me.

Sounds like BS to me. If the company was so short that the result of you not getting on the flight was a cancellation then the company would have positive spaced you. You said other non revs got on so the company would have no problem bumping off a non rev to get you on. Again, sounds like BS to me.

Under NWA, yes we would get on for sure as PS.... under Delta, as a "contract carrier" if there aren't any passengers willing to "volunteer" to give up their seat then we are left behind. I have had training cancelled because of it and also had 1 denied boarding to work a flight and 2 denied return home to base denied because of Delta's policy to basically say F its contractors.

Under NWA, yes we would get on for sure as PS.... under Delta, as a "contract carrier" if there aren't any passengers willing to "volunteer" to give up their seat then we are left behind. I have had training cancelled because of it and also had 1 denied boarding to work a flight and 2 denied return home to base denied because of Delta's policy to basically say F its contractors.

If it means bumping a paying passengers than you have somewhat of a limited point but if there are empty seats left over for non-revs than scheduling has full authority to get the pilot on the flight. I just confirmed this with a friend who is a crew scheduler. In his case he said there were non revs getting on so thats why it seemed like BS.

No, because the "company" (Pinnacle) will not positive space you if you can't get to work. You're allowed 2 call-in-honest events in a rolling 12 monhts. After that, you will be disciplined. They'll never positive space you from home to get to work. Instead, you'll get a lecture that commuting is a choice. They WILL positive space you for deadheads, which are work related movements within a trip. But getting TO work (as in commuting) is entirely up to you, and I don't know a single regional under Delta that will positive space you for your commute flight to work.

No, because the "company" (Pinnacle) will not positive space you if you can't get to work. You're allowed 2 call-in-honest events in a rolling 12 monhts. After that, you will be disciplined. They'll never positive space you from home to get to work. Instead, you'll get a lecture that commuting is a choice. They WILL positive space you for deadheads, which are work related movements within a trip. But getting TO work (as in commuting) is entirely up to you, and I don't know a single regional under Delta that will positive space you for your commute flight to work.

ASA has done it on a few select occasions that I know of, this was about two years ago...definitely not company policy though. What does a "call in honest" event consist of?

But getting TO work (as in commuting) is entirely up to you, and I don't know a single regional under Delta that will positive space you for your commute flight to work.

They do exist, but the one or two I'm thinking of have to be screwed for staffing in that seat that day for them to do it.

So, Actually as you stated it is a Pinnacle(DCI) problem not Delta's. As a DCI employee you work for Pinnacle not Delta and have a contract with Pinnacle. So, the pass/cummuting problems should be blamed on your company not mainline. It is your company that makes the commuting policies for there employees, correct?

I really do not see what the big deal is. After Delta changed our priority, I changed my attitude. If Delta wanted me to get to work to fly 20 flights in 4 days then they will make it happen. If you care enough to call them (I did not), they will give you positive space to prevent cancelling all of those flights. Then you can get on an airplane ahead of the #1 pilot at Delta, again, if getting to work is that important to you.

I would show up to the gate, get treated like s.... by Delta gate agents, miss my two flights and go home. If 20 Delta Connection flights are cancelled in four days because I could not get to work, more reason for me to celebrate on my extra days off work! F...Delta!!!

Amen.

Latest resources

Back