Delta travel priviledges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

I'd be interested in hearing about everyone's Delta travel privileges, especially of the changes if any the past year. I hear they are making them more restrictive and eventually Delta wants to end all travel privileges for their connection carriers and others, other then jumpseating and ZED fares. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in hearing about everyone's Delta travel privileges, especially of the changes if any the past year. I hear they are making them more restrictive and eventually Delta wants to end all travel privileges for their connection carriers and others, other then jumpseating and ZED fares. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks.

Um, no.

Delta obviously has the best travel bennies package for themselves. Second best are Skywest/ASA and then the non-wholly owned regionals that are Delta Connection (the sucky package).

Um, no.

Delta obviously has the best travel bennies package for themselves. Second best are Skywest/ASA and then the non-wholly owned regionals that are Delta Connection (the sucky package).

I hear the sucky package, as you put it consists of either no Delta travel at all for I believe Pinnacle and for Republic I believe they only get travel for themselves and spouse/domestic partner with no travel for a travel companion and no buddy passes. Anyone confirm this.

I hear the sucky package, as you put it consists of either no Delta travel at all for I believe Pinnacle and for Republic I believe they only get travel for themselves and spouse/domestic partner with no travel for a travel companion and no buddy passes. Anyone confirm this.

Negative. We still get the travel bennies, free domestic flights, unlimited first/bus/coach. Free international outbound on first/bus/coach, and free inbound except gotta pay taxes (airline can't help that). Pilot, wife or domestic partner, kids, and your parents are covered.

The Pinnacle sucky is that our international flights across the Oceans are limited to 6 travel days. If you cross the Atlantic or Pacific, they deduct that. You're good for 3 roundtrips basically to Asia/Europe/Australia/Africa. Caribbeans and South America are not included in that restriction becaues they are not transoceanic.

The other thing that sucks is our priority for Pinnacle. It's S3C, and we are below Delta active (S3) and retirees (S3B) on mainline flights. Once you go above your 6 transoceanic travel day allotment, you can still fly across the pond but then you an extra service charge (like 150 bucks) but the worse thing is your status changes to S4 on day of travel, which puts you at the same place as buddy pass riders at the BOTTOM of all buddy riders.

Correct on no buddy passes. Non-wholly owned Delta Connection carriers do not get them (except Skywest/ASA have the different better travel bennies package). Parents get benefits, but S4 status (like a buddy pass rider) and they pay yield fares (depends on lenght of flight).

Last edited:
Comair

Our benefits suck and DAL agents treat us like dirt. Thank tou for purchasing my company and leaving a smoking hole!

Negative. We still get the travel bennies, free domestic flights, unlimited first/bus/coach. Free international outbound on first/bus/coach, and free inbound except gotta pay taxes (airline can't help that). Pilot, wife or domestic partner, kids, and your parents are covered.

The Pinnacle sucky is that our international flights across the Oceans are limited to 6 travel days. If you cross the Atlantic or Pacific, they deduct that. You're good for 3 roundtrips basically to Asia/Europe/Australia/Africa. Caribbeans and South America are not included in that restriction becaues they are not transoceanic.

The other thing that sucks is our priority for Pinnacle. It's S3C, and we are below Delta active (S3) and retirees (S3B) on mainline flights. Once you go above your 6 transoceanic travel day allotment, you can still fly across the pond but then you an extra service charge (like 150 bucks) but the worse thing is your status changes to S4 on day of travel, which puts you at the same place as buddy pass riders at the BOTTOM of all buddy riders.

Correct on no buddy passes. Non-wholly owned Delta Connection carriers do not get them (except Skywest/ASA have the different better travel bennies package). Parents get benefits, but S4 status (like a buddy pass rider) and they pay yield fares (depends on lenght of flight).

So you think you should be S3 or S3B?

At my airline, we have reduced space-a travel on DAL for spouse, kids, parents. It is $100 US roundtrip + taxes/fees. It costs more to canada/mexico/carribean, then europe is more, and asia is more than that.

cliff
GRB

So you think you should be S3 or S3B?

I think we should be at least S3B on mainline flights. Ridiculous to see a 80 yr old retiree get on at Delta while I get can't to work as a Delta Connection pilot. And if Delta wants us S3C on Delta, and S3 on Pinnacle, then it needs to be extended to say that we Delta Connection pilots are S3 on ALL Delta Connection carriers.

Btw, don't Skywest and ASA get S3 on mainline Delta? Maybe they can chime in.

At my airline, we have reduced space-a travel on DAL for spouse, kids, parents. It is $100 US roundtrip + taxes/fees. It costs more to canada/mexico/carribean, then europe is more, and asia is more than that.

cliff
GRB
I bet that is S4 status with a DOH of your flight date. Absolute bottom barrel. Everyone else and their mother gets to go on before this.

Btw, don't Skywest and ASA get S3 on mainline Delta? Maybe they can chime in.

At ASA, we used to be S3 priority on Delta, as well as given an allotment of S2s, however around 2007 they dropped our priority and we are now S3C (boarding behind a gate agent or ramper's mom). It was a result, from what we understood, of Delta not owning us anymore.

On that note, I would imagine Comair still gets S3 priority.

Latest resources

Back