• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to view Comair bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are two kinds of quality service being talked about here: The customer service the passengers get (on average, they don't care as long as the ticket's cheap), and completion/reliability/on-time/baggage.

Ma Delta has probably given up on the good customer service, but I bet she'd like to have feed that is reasonably reliable on the completion/reliability/on-time/baggage front.

To expand on the crack whore analogy: Ma Delta's completely let her looks go and could care less, but if her dealer don't show up on time with the "rocks" she's one pissed off biznitch.

You shouldn't make fun of ATLCrashPad's momma like that.

It doesn't matter about quality, when the creditor committee looks at this, chitaco and mesa will low ball everyone, and skywest will pick up their scraps

Yep. Look at CAL and XJT. If quality was so important why bring in CHQ. And CAL is in far better shape than DAL. Some at XJT once used the argument of quality to reason that CAL wouldn't dump us and bring is another carrier. I never bought into it, and now my coworkers who did are left wondering what happened when it was obvious to everone else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a panel in place to prohibit the takeover of another carriers regional routes?

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see with the bid on Comair's flying. Is Delta REALLY going to take that kind of revenue out of their own pocket. Remember, their payment of regional flying via Comair goes right back into their own pocket. It's just a strong arm tactic to get everyone over there to comply with the paycuts and renegotiate lower pay....IMHO.

A glimmer of hope...word in mesa-land is that DAL has REALLY F-ing had it with mesa's crap and total failure to perform (Dash8's???). I'm cautiously optimistic that in his quest for rock-bottom JO has actually descended below it! We'll find out soon enough...

A glimmer of hope...word in mesa-land is that DAL has REALLY F-ing had it with mesa's crap and total failure to perform (Dash8's???). I'm cautiously optimistic that in his quest for rock-bottom JO has actually descended below it! We'll find out soon enough...

Eventually someone will make a hamburger (Mesa) so cheap, that nobody will buy it!

I think this happened once at USAirways. Mesa would delay a flight until USAirways would cancel it. As per their contract, if Mesa cancelled (mechanical or otherwise) no money. If Mainline USAirways cancelled the flight, then Mesa didn't have to fly it and got paid anyway. This is what I've heard anyways- lol

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back