• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to view Comair bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My grandad, a builder of museum-quality furniture, always said that cheap tools were a luxury that no craftsman could afford.

My guess is that Ma Delta is too strung out to pass up another hit on the concession crack pipe, and is still in no mood to forgive Comair for the colossal ass-whipping they administered a few years back. SkyWest can grow exponentially very quickly by simply transferring ASA assets, and we already know that their employees will do whatever it takes to "grow." My money's on them, with a few scraps thrown to Shaniqua consistent with the "not too many eggs in one basket" lesson Delta learned the hard way.

I always like to visit the shop of guys like your Granddad. I've got a lot of respect and admiration for craftsmen like that. A former neighbor of mine builds high end custom furniture. He also built a gorgeous little yacht tender. His work is literally a form of art. I wish I had 10% of his talent.

We won't know for a little while who if either one of us has made an accurate prediction. From what we've seen here on Flightinfo SKYW has been hiring like crazy. A look at www.skywest.com supports that as well. We don't know if SkyWest has bid on that flying and we also don't know how much of it they are in a position to accept. Only so many pilots can be trained at a time. Classroom space, sim slots, availability of IP's / check airmen all factor into the growth. Even if DAL wanted to give all of the additional flying to SKYW there's probably a limit on how much is realistic. Giving the flying to SkyWest would be consistent with my prediction that DAL has a newfound interest in quality. SKYW is a top quality provider of lift according to DOT reports.

CMR is a quality provider as well. Hopefully they are able to hang on grow a bit after the bid results are announced.

Was this a news article or an editorial? That's some pretty biased reporting if this was a "news" piece. Sounds more like a Comair management press release.

I read the entire article and thought the same thing. No where in the article did it mention that the unions have proposals on the table that the company refuses to accepts or counter-proposal. No union officials were quoted. This article pretty much quotes the propaganda I find in my v-file every other day.

I think CMR will keep or maybe even pick up additional flying. DAL is realizing their mistake of giving flying away to the low end of the market. I bet their NY passengers are really enjoying those 1900's that were supposed to have been Dash 8's. There's an old saying we had in the construction industy.

The bitterness of poor quality outlasts the sweetness of a cheap price.

The legacy carriers are doing better financially and if they plan to retain customers they will have to reassign flying to carriers that offer a superior product. That might have been the plan all along. Bring in a company like Mesa to shake things up and drive some cost concessions and once they get some relief they can throw Mesa to the curb so their pax can enjoy more comfort and better reliability. As airline economics improve I think we'll see more flying shifted away from the cheap lift. In the long run it's probably cheaper to use carriers that actually get people to their destination nearly 100% of the time than it is to piss off the people providing revenue and have the additional expense of hotels and rebooking.

You must be kidding me. How can say that after recent events? Don't forget.

So, you're saying that a higher cost product translates to a higher quality product? Is Comair's RJ operation really any better than Mesa's in the eyes of the customer? I'd bet that most don't notice any difference.

Sorry to say - but using "Quality" as a reason Delta will give us flying is a joke. The comment above is right - the customers getting on these airplanes dont have a clue about subsidiaries, parent companies, and RFPs for that matter. I would be surprised if they noticed the paint job on the side that said what "version" of Delta is was.

Have you been on a Delta flight recently? To say the quality of customer service a passenger recieves is going down hill is an understatement - there is none.

I wish quality was a reason for giving us back our flying. But then again, I think being owned by a company should mean something too... But it DOESNT

I think CMR will keep or maybe even pick up additional flying. DAL is realizing their mistake of giving flying away to the low end of the market. I bet their NY passengers are really enjoying those 1900's that were supposed to have been Dash 8's. There's an old saying we had in the construction industy.

The Dash 8's are being replaced by 170s. I dont think the paxs will be complaining!

It doesn't matter about quality, when the creditor committee looks at this, chitaco and mesa will low ball everyone, and skywest will pick up their scraps

Latest resources

Back