Delta to the rescue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what was it?

I think he was talking about doing St Maarten charters for Carnival Cruise lines. I believe DL had 40 or so charters to carry 3500 or so people out of SXM to Orlando, where the cruise started. They also used DL for the Mobile, AL ship, flying people to IAH from MSY. Just a guess.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think he was talking about doing St Maarten charters for Carnival Cruise lines. I believe DL had 40 or so charters to carry 3500 or so people out of SXM to Orlando, where the cruise started. They also used DL for the Mobile, AL ship, flying people to IAH from MSY. Just a guess.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

The cruise started in Orlando? All I ever see are lakes and rivers around there. Guess I must have been nodding off descending into MCO.

Just kidding GL-we appreciate your support on the west side.

I can concur with the DL stuff out of SXM. Just did a SXM layover and the terminal looked like ATL. I counted a DL A330, 763, 757 and 737 during that day. The night before, when we landed around 9pm, there was a DL 763 pushing back for MCO. CA and I were blown away in our lone little AA 757.

The running joke here at AA is that Carnival called AA inquiring about extra planes for rescue charters, so AA got on the phone with Jetblue inquiring about contracting out charter flights. :laugh:

Good on DL for capitalizing on great opportunities. Wish we had that type of management here.

I can concur with the DL stuff out of SXM. Just did a SXM layover and the terminal looked like ATL. I counted a DL A330, 763, 757 and 737 during that day. The night before, when we landed around 9pm, there was a DL 763 pushing back for MCO. CA and I were blown away in our lone little AA 757.

The running joke here at AA is that Carnival called AA inquiring about extra planes for rescue charters, so AA got on the phone with Jetblue inquiring about contracting out charter flights. :laugh:

Good on DL for capitalizing on great opportunities. Wish we had that type of management here.
I agree. It's finally nice to see a PRO active management team rather than be reactionary.
If you think it's bad under the current AA management now, just wait until dougie the drunk gets a hold of that airline. Just look how he destroyed what was once US Air!

I agree. It's finally nice to see a PRO active management team rather than be reactionary.
If you think it's bad under the current AA management now, just wait until dougie the drunk gets a hold of that airline. Just look how he destroyed what was once US Air!

"Destroyed USAir?" Disagree... if anything, I'd say he turned USAir from bleeding red into a profitable airline. Seems like they have been pulling in some decent profits lately. I'd say Doogie represents the best choice in CEOs we've had in about 17 years. He has one heck of an opportunity to pull a "Delta" with AA if he plays his cards right.

Cautiously optimistic,

"Destroyed USAir?" Disagree... if anything, I'd say he turned USAir from bleeding red into a profitable airline. Seems like they have been pulling in some decent profits lately. I'd say Doogie represents the best choice in CEOs we've had in about 17 years. He has one heck of an opportunity to pull a "Delta" with AA if he plays his cards right.

Cautiously optimistic,

How could USAir not make money these past 7 or 8 years. Have you seen their payscales? Divided and conquered.

How could USAir not make money these past 7 or 8 years. Have you seen their payscales? Divided and conquered.

I've seen their pay scales and agree with you. That said, history is rife with airline CEOs that wrecked their airlines with pay scales WELL BELOW what USAir pilots are making.

Not only is USAir profitable, it also has one of the best on time and lost baggage records. Takes more than crappy pay scales to make that happen. Wall St and the entire industry generally agree that Doogie is a pretty effective CEO and have high hopes for him with AA.

Time will tell.

Latest resources

Back