• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to expand LAX-SFO flying to 14 daily Compass E175s starting Sept 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But, but, but...Delta's new scope reeled in the amount RJ's. How did this happen? :rolleyes:

I don't think they're new planes. For example; Delta is shifting some of the Compass flying from the east coast to the west coast. I'm not sure who's doing the 900 flying mentioned.

I don't think they're new planes. For example; Delta is shifting some of the Compass flying from the east coast to the west coast. I'm not sure who's doing the 900 flying mentioned.

If Delta Pilots don't sign away more 76 seaters, then they wouldn't be flying rjs on mainline routes between the three biggest cities on the west coast + Vegas.

If Delta Pilots don't sign away more 76 seaters, then they wouldn't be flying rjs on mainline routes between the three biggest cities on the west coast + Vegas.

I agree, but there hasn't been any more awarded since the last time they bribed mainline pilots

I agree, but there hasn't been any more awarded since the last time they bribed mainline pilots

As 717s arrive, 76 seaters will cover outgoing 50 seater routes, plus new routes that may take marketshare from competitors. Apparently AK's planes are full in SEA and DL connecting pax from Asia and Hawaii can't get on some desired flights, so DL is adding 76 seaters from SEA to SFO and LAS besides LAX...

88 717s are coming within 3 years, meaning lots of change for Regional guys. Bigger RJs to some smaller markets and new markets. What a concept. 70 additional 76 seaters, 215 fewer 50 seaters, 88 717s.

Bye Bye---General Lee

As 717s arrive, 76 seaters will cover outgoing 50 seater routes, plus new routes that may take marketshare from competitors. Apparently AK's planes are full in SEA and DL connecting pax from Asia and Hawaii can't get on some desired flights, so DL is adding 76 seaters from SEA to SFO and LAS besides LAX...

88 717s are coming within 3 years, meaning lots of change for Regional guys. Bigger RJs to some smaller markets and new markets. What a concept. 70 additional 76 seaters, 215 fewer 50 seaters, 88 717s.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I understand all that. That's been the plan for a year or so now. I'm simply saying nothing has changed since your last contract.

Gen

Can you provide a link to the AK issue you allude to?

You mean full AK flights? It was at a recent roadshow by some big wigs. Apparently it's been tougher for passengers to connect due to fuller flights, hence additional RJ flights. Hopefully those RJ flights will turn into more mainline flights. There are big DL plans for SEA, and I bet this is only the beginning.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back