Delta to Drop CHQ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Juan_Tugo said:
There's a huge difference between averaging existing rates (blended) and just rolling over and agreeing to fly a 70 seat aircraft for 50 seat rates (bended).

yeah the difference is about 5 bucks an hour (second year pay) in favor of Skywest. and thats on the -700, you blend it with the -200 pay and the difference is even greater.

General Lee said:
Never happen. DL will sink before that happens. We are working on a 100 seat pay rate anyway, and we won't give up on scope. ALL of the FOs and half of the Captains will agree.

Bye Bye--General Lee
I hope so, I just heard NW pilots gave up scope on 76 seaters. and historically NW pilots are probably one of the more tougher groups to deal with.

blackbox said:
I hope so, I just heard NW pilots gave up scope on 76 seaters. and historically NW pilots are probably one of the more tougher groups to deal with.

I thought it was 70 seaters. That seems more plausible.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I don't hate everyone, I just am direct and to the point with my opinions. I think we at DL have a lot wrong too, and I have stated such. And, these are just my opinions, so try to remember that. The SkyWest pilot group has it's head up it's a$$. What's with their "union" and why does management appoint the leaders? Is that wrong or what? Ridiculous. And they started the whole "we'll fly anything for one pay rate" deal and now others have been FORCED to follow (via a judge).

Bye Bye--General Lee
Well gEneral tool,
As usual you are quick with the half truths. Opinions? well you can think that the "SKYW pilot group has its head up its a$$" Well, do you wonder why alot of people think you are the fool, if not outright stupid? It's statments like that, that don't do anybody any good. Union, we do not have one, it is an association, and no they are not appointed by managment. What is wrong, is your stupid hate quest, You are a foolish little man(not referring to your physical size, you are a large man with a little mans complex. Regardless what you may think we do not lay awake at night worrying that the general tool is not happy with us as a pilot group. And as far as the anything for one pay rate, well we have a large percentage of our group who were recently hired and believed that managment was telling the truth about costs and "that it was only for 18 months" that is being relived on a continual basis, our pilot group may be young and have less experience than alot of mainline pilots, but they are not stupid and learn from their mistakes, unlike you. You really should worry about your own house and stop grinding on people who have no say on the dealings between two company's execs. Its OK to be scared, your company and your career are hanging by a tread, It is not my fault your company wants to replace you with connection outsourcing, do you think I should quit my job in protest over the connection outsourcing? I will tell you what, it's your $hitty attitude that will make it easier for the young pilots to not even think twice about taking your job.
PBR

Last edited:
PBRstreetgang said:
Well gEneral tool,
As usual you are quick with the half truths. Opinions? well you can think that the "SKYW pilot group has its head up its a$$" Well, do you wander why alot of people think you are the fool, if not outright stupid?

Sorry, but where is the general wandering off to?? Did he get lost along the way! LMAO! Sorry, but after reading the above, I couldn't get past that to read the rest of your post!

General Lee said:
Thanks for responding. First off, again, I don't dislike anyone at SkyWest except a few malcontents on this board, and they probably don't like me either. Oh well. I am sure your company is fun to fly for, and you get to fly nice shiny jets to beautiful places out West.(and a little East from ORD) That "fun" will only last so long, until you get kids or buy a large home. Then you will realize that you are getting paid less than you are actually worth. You and others like to bring up that we are paid the same for certain aircraft. What you don't bring up is that the smaller aircraft were brought UP to the wages of the larger aircraft. We used to get paid differently for the 757 and 767--by a lot. Then, during the 777 pay rate negotiations, we brought the 757 UP to equal the 767. The 737-200 was the same, and it was a lot lower at Delta Express in MCO, until we raised the rates and brought them back into mainline. Now a days, yes, we are having problems, and our rates have been lowered, once permanently and the second is temporary. That is what happens when your company tanks after 9-11 and your management (who are all gone almost) provides poor strategies. Your company, on the otherhand, has had great profits (thanks to us with the fuel) and besides a profit sharing check (that is not guaranteed), will not show you respect and will whipsaw you with newly aquired ASA. Your inhouse "union" is a joke, with people appointed by management. That doesn't sound good. I hope someday you get a raise on the larger aircraft and get a real union (Teamsters or ALPA) that will fight for you without being appointed by management.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I dont work for skywest.......and its great to hear that Delta was able to bring up the rates from the smaller equipment to match the larger ones.

If skywest had a union, would you be making these same comments? I dont get it, what if they had ALPA on property, would that change your view of them? like i said before, SKywest's work rules and pay are better than most APLA and teamster carriers, so whats the big deal of them notbeing union. SWA and UPS are in the same boat as far as union goes, dont they? They seem to be doing pretty good. wouldnt u say?

General Lee said:
I thought it was 70 seaters. That seems more plausible.

Bye Bye--General Lee

i think the scope language said 76 seats or less, so thats why i said 76 seater, you smart@ss!

PBRstreetgang said:
Well gEneral tool,
As usual you are quick with the half truths. Opinions? well you can think that the "SKYW pilot group has its head up its a$$" Well, do you wander why alot of people think you are the fool, if not outright stupid? It's statments like that, that don't do anybody any good. Union, we do not have one, it is an association, and no they are not appointed by managment. What is wrong, is your stupid hate quest, You are a foolish little man(not referring to your physical size, you are a large man with a little mans complex. Regardless what you may think we do not lay awake at night worrying that the general tool is not happy with us as a pilot group. And as far as the anything for one pay rate, well we have a large percentage of our group who were recently hired and believed that managment was telling the truth about costs and "that it was only for 18 months" that is being relived on a continual basis, our pilot group may be young and have less experience than alot of mainline pilots, but they are not stupid and learn from their mistakes, unlike you. You really should worry about your own house and stop grinding on people who have no say on the dealings between two company's execs. Its OK to be scared, your company and your career are hanging by a tread, It is not my fault your company wants to replace you with connection outsourcing, do you think I should quit my job in protest over the connection outsourcing? I will tell you what, it's your $hitty attitude that will make it easier for the young pilots to not even think twice about taking your job.
PBR

Oh don't worry, Mookie already reemed me for stating that the "union" or association is NOT appointed by management. I got it. But, I do have a question that Mookie never did get back to me with an answer. Who pays for those "association" leaders? ALPA pays our MEC members when they skip trips for union work. What about your association? Who pays them? I am really curious. Also, do they get a lot of credit time, or in other words, are they compensated well? I, along with every ALPA member pay for Duane Wuerth and his cohorts. Who pays for your association leaders? Just curious!!!! And, I have a great attitude, and I love the job. Tootles, and please answer the question.

Bye Bye--General Lee

blackbox said:
i think the scope language said 76 seats or less, so thats why i said 76 seater, you smart@ss!

Smarta$$? I was just asking a question. You need to lighten up francis bean.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back