Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KickItOut

WTF-Over
According to and Atlanta Gate Agent, Delta, starting in June, will start canceling ASA flights that have light loads when a mainline flight traveling to the same city would have enough seats to accommodate the passengers on the cancelled flight. The agent said she was going through training for the new procedure.

hmm I guess that means more airport appreciation time at old Hartsfield...Good thing we have free wifi but wait no more Moo Moo Mr Cow what will we do!!!???

According to and Atlanta Gate Agent, Delta, starting in June, will start canceling ASA flights that have light loads when a mainline flight traveling to the same city would have enough seats to accommodate the passengers on the cancelled flight. The agent said she was going through training for the new procedure.

So far, since about late Jan, the lightest load I've seen is 38 folks on the 50 seater. Avg. around 45 pax on the 50 EVERYWHERE. I don't see too much of this unless it really falls off. I can't see how the FAA signs off on this. I'd be pissed as a consumer if I had to go from A to B, and just because everybody else isn't, I get delayed. Kind of changes the meaning of scheduled "common carriage" doesn't it?
Scheduled so long as we sell enough tickets...

Trojan

That is why it is called part 135

doesn't make sense, doesn't ASA still get paid if DAL is the one to cancel the flight??

Go back to the ice storms, didn't ASA get paid for the regional flights that DAL themselves canceled but not for the flights that ASA canceled?

DAL doesn't have enough mainline to most of the cities that ASA services for this to be an issue.

doesn't make sense, doesn't ASA still get paid if DAL is the one to cancel the flight??

Go back to the ice storms, didn't ASA get paid for the regional flights that DAL themselves canceled but not for the flights that ASA canceled?

DAL doesn't have enough mainline to most of the cities that ASA services for this to be an issue.

Yes, but they DON'T pay for the fuel then...the largest single cost per flight now.

Correct, if it is a Delta initiated cancel, then ASA will still get paid. And so will the crews. I guess the cost savings for Delta would be strictly based on fuel.

Latest resources

Back