Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to ask for more pay cuts from Comair.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Asking a regional airline pilot to take a pay cut is like robbing a homeless person!

It seems more logical that delta wants 10 million from Flight Operations than to ask for that sum of money from the first officers.

It seems more logical that delta wants 10 million from Flight Operations than to ask for that sum of money from the first officers.

Well at least u get it. For the old guys at oh that can't start good rumors, here is wqhat the 10 millon is. They want oh to save another 10 millon from flt ops, this why you will see some changes that dont make sense. Such as the it move, things happening at the go, etc. There will be no cuts for fo's but rest assured we remeber that you old guys are the reason this contract has no rules. Funny thing is you guys voted this contract in because of fear and not worrying about fo's now a lot of you guys have to live with the rules and pay that you didn't think would effect you. I love karma. For what its woth there are at least 200 fo's left

Perhaps Delta is trying to make Comair one of the 2 cheapest DCI carriers in order to stack the house against ASA and Skywest to open up their contract.

Not nice though.

We've had it for quite a while, but have not been able to get rid of it. The stadium would not let us get out of the contract before it was up. This is the last season on the contract. They've usually been able to sell off tickets to other entities, but due to the economy they didn't have many takers, so that's why they're offering tickets to the employees.

Not true. I have friends who work for the Bengals and this are definitely buyers for the suites. Try again.

Perhaps Delta is trying to make Comair one of the 2 cheapest DCI carriers in order to stack the house against ASA and Skywest to open up their contract.

Not nice though.

Well ASA is already getting its act "in line" I guess. ASA twice announced the furloughs and expressed how hard it was for them to furlough the 136. But, assuming we place our 20 200s, PBS may keep the 136 ASA prisoners on the street come next summer; PBS saves the company money by reducing our need of pilots.

PBS alone will save ASA ~7 million in FO pay/medical, Captains downgraded to FO pay, less training costs from furloughs and more efficient usage of pilots (less vacation dropping). What are they giving in return for PBS? Increased vacation day values of 4 hours and the ability to break up our trips in open time for trades and swaps?

I feel bad for our furloughs. :mad: At the Oct 13 MEC meeting the PBS committee and the company making the bidding system will be there for us to become more informed about the PBS bid.

Last edited:
Well at least u get it. For the old guys at oh that can't start good rumors, here is wqhat the 10 millon is. They want oh to save another 10 millon from flt ops, this why you will see some changes that dont make sense. Such as the it move, things happening at the go, etc. There will be no cuts for fo's but rest assured we remeber that you old guys are the reason this contract has no rules. Funny thing is you guys voted this contract in because of fear and not worrying about fo's now a lot of you guys have to live with the rules and pay that you didn't think would effect you. I love karma. For what its woth there are at least 200 fo's left

That statement does not resemble anything that can be called the english language.

Not true. I have friends who work for the Bengals and this are definitely buyers for the suites. Try again.

That's just the excuse management gives the employees.
As far as the paycuts, sure why not!? I mean it will save the airline, right?
So lets start with eliminating DS, then SB and work ourselves down the line.
The pilots gave up $14mil last time around, it's time these management types start giving up some of their 6 figure pay.

Latest resources

Back