• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Delta to ask for more pay cuts from Comair.

NOLEFAN

Total Time
This rumor seems to be picking up steam. Supposedly they want another 10mil from the F.O. side... Time for the term RFP to re-emerge.

Data

Total Time
6000+
This rumor seems to be picking up steam. Supposedly they want another 10mil from the F.O. side... Time for the term RFP to re-emerge.

That'll save the company for sure! Pay cuts from the FO side, that's laughable...

crj567

Yeah-

This kind of crap just ain't right.... DAL is now run by such a bunch of ruthless scumbags that they just are out for retribution for the strike. It is truly a shame-the company is now setting the bar even lower. Truly evil people in charge.

$10 million makes absolutely no difference to the bottom line of any company capable of losing billions a quarter-year after year.

ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Total Time
nfinit
This rumor is BS!

Comair doesn't even have any FOs left!

Plus I'm willing to bet, if they do still have a few, that the combined wages of any remaining FOs is well under $10 million.

eP.

wmuflyguy

flunky
Total Time
5k+

Why re-post ridiculous rumors from our equally ridiculous alpa web board.

Speaking of ridiculous, why does Comair have a suite at Paul Brown Stadium? I mean, we need to save cash right?

Last edited:

WWEfan

One List
Total Time
39 yrs
I think he meant the Flight Operations side.....not First Officers.

Seaknight1

Total Time
Why re-post ridiculous rumors from our equally ridiculous alpa web board.

Speaking of ridiculous, why does Comair have a suite at Paul Brown Stadium? I mean, we need to save cash right?
We've had it for quite a while, but have not been able to get rid of it. The stadium would not let us get out of the contract before it was up. This is the last season on the contract. They've usually been able to sell off tickets to other entities, but due to the economy they didn't have many takers, so that's why they're offering tickets to the employees.

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
Do you believe every rumor you hear? Honestly... how retarded are you people...

TCAS

Total Time
13k+
Asking a regional airline pilot to take a pay cut is like robbing a homeless person!

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time
What percentage of the FOs there now were around when they struck? Has everyone new been furloughed?

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
It seems more logical that delta wants 10 million from Flight Operations than to ask for that sum of money from the first officers.

samballs

Total Time
It seems more logical that delta wants 10 million from Flight Operations than to ask for that sum of money from the first officers.

Well at least u get it. For the old guys at oh that can't start good rumors, here is wqhat the 10 millon is. They want oh to save another 10 millon from flt ops, this why you will see some changes that dont make sense. Such as the it move, things happening at the go, etc. There will be no cuts for fo's but rest assured we remeber that you old guys are the reason this contract has no rules. Funny thing is you guys voted this contract in because of fear and not worrying about fo's now a lot of you guys have to live with the rules and pay that you didn't think would effect you. I love karma. For what its woth there are at least 200 fo's left

rf285

Total Time
Perhaps Delta is trying to make Comair one of the 2 cheapest DCI carriers in order to stack the house against ASA and Skywest to open up their contract.

Not nice though.

PA44Jockey

Total Time
Some
We've had it for quite a while, but have not been able to get rid of it. The stadium would not let us get out of the contract before it was up. This is the last season on the contract. They've usually been able to sell off tickets to other entities, but due to the economy they didn't have many takers, so that's why they're offering tickets to the employees.

Not true. I have friends who work for the Bengals and this are definitely buyers for the suites. Try again.

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time
Perhaps Delta is trying to make Comair one of the 2 cheapest DCI carriers in order to stack the house against ASA and Skywest to open up their contract.

Not nice though.

Well ASA is already getting its act "in line" I guess. ASA twice announced the furloughs and expressed how hard it was for them to furlough the 136. But, assuming we place our 20 200s, PBS may keep the 136 ASA prisoners on the street come next summer; PBS saves the company money by reducing our need of pilots.

PBS alone will save ASA ~7 million in FO pay/medical, Captains downgraded to FO pay, less training costs from furloughs and more efficient usage of pilots (less vacation dropping). What are they giving in return for PBS? Increased vacation day values of 4 hours and the ability to break up our trips in open time for trades and swaps?

I feel bad for our furloughs. :mad: At the Oct 13 MEC meeting the PBS committee and the company making the bidding system will be there for us to become more informed about the PBS bid.

Last edited:

CoolSidePillow

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Total Time
6000+
Well at least u get it. For the old guys at oh that can't start good rumors, here is wqhat the 10 millon is. They want oh to save another 10 millon from flt ops, this why you will see some changes that dont make sense. Such as the it move, things happening at the go, etc. There will be no cuts for fo's but rest assured we remeber that you old guys are the reason this contract has no rules. Funny thing is you guys voted this contract in because of fear and not worrying about fo's now a lot of you guys have to live with the rules and pay that you didn't think would effect you. I love karma. For what its woth there are at least 200 fo's left

That statement does not resemble anything that can be called the english language.

DX Rick

Total Time
Not true. I have friends who work for the Bengals and this are definitely buyers for the suites. Try again.

That's just the excuse management gives the employees.
As far as the paycuts, sure why not!? I mean it will save the airline, right?
So lets start with eliminating DS, then SB and work ourselves down the line.
The pilots gave up $14mil last time around, it's time these management types start giving up some of their 6 figure pay.