Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to ask for more pay cuts from Comair.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is time for regional airlines to get in the game. There should be no cuts a mainline before a "small lift provider" feels the pain. Cut regional feed before there is any mainline cuts discussed.
Furloughs should be at the regional leval and not mainline. Do not penalize those that nutted up and went for the 121 "brass" ring.
And, any old regional aresehole who wants to argue, blow me...

Last edited:
I cannot imagine anyone voting for a pay cut if it ever came to that, although I am not a mind reader. Especially FO's who, like me after 6 years are on reserve and after 12 years have been downgraded. Tell a 10 year captain after they have recently been downgraded that they make too much. And especially because as we have always suspected and been proven right time after time after time, pay cuts don't save jobs. Clearly no one wants to take a pay cut, and the only reason (arguably) you would ever take a cut was if you felt you had to. But what would be the threat/carrot this time? "We will close the doors more slowly if you take a cut?" Whats going to happen is going to happen.

The end is near! And I don't think its about something in business terms as ancient as the strike. Its about the legacy's moving away from wholly-owned's and about Cincinnati being the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited:
Them gettign 10 million in paycuts is about as likely as any regional getting awarded UAL flying. You can talk about it all you want, it just isn't going to happen

I cannot imagine anyone voting for a pay cut if it ever came to that.
Nothing suprises me anymore.
After the last vote, I heard so many people explain it as "I have too much invested in this company to make the move anywhere else".

Too bad the company doesn't care how much you have invested in this company. Since you're a senior captain or FO, they want you gone. You're too expensive for them.
We're becoming "Mesa Part II"

Since you're a senior captain or FO, they want you gone. You're too expensive for them.

I'm a junior FO and I'm gone come 11/1, so it seems they want me just as gone.

Wow I can't belive they want that from the Fo's. Simple upgrade us and we will be cheap captains :)

Last edited:
It is time for regional airlines to get in the game. There should be no cuts a mainline before a "small lift provider" feels the pain. Cut regional feed before there is any mainline cuts discussed.
Furloughs should be at the regional leval and not mainline. Do not penalize those that nutted up and went for the 121 "brass" ring.
And, any old regional aresehole who wants to argue, blow me...

Be careful with that statement. crj567 might jump all over that! He won't even charge you the normal $5 for it!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back