Delta to announce new INTL routes tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
You need to work on your analysis, no doubt. Airtran may set some low fares from ATL, but they do not dominate anything. They are not the largest airline at any large airport they serve. Sure, they do a good job at being a thorn in our a$$, but they aren't that big at all. Try to think next time before writing this krap. Go to sleep. Bye Bye--General Lee

the only analysis needing work is what is done at Delta, not me. As far as Airtran "may set" "some low fares" but they do not "dominate anything" maybe your MBA was issued by the same place DAL's management was. Airtran should not (sorry, flash back a few years ago, should not HAVE BEEN) be underestimated and as your said (your words), they do set low fares from ATL. So that means DAL must keep pace.

(Your words) They do a good job of being a thorn, "but they aint that big"

Must I remind you that LUV started with 3 airplanes, and is now the most profitable carrier that exists.

go back to drinking the DAL cool-aid, while you are at it, why don't you go on strike for a pay raise

satpak77 said:
the only analysis needing work is what is done at Delta, not me. As far as Airtran "may set" "some low fares" but they do not "dominate anything" maybe your MBA was issued by the same place DAL's management was. Airtran should not (sorry, flash back a few years ago, should not HAVE BEEN) be underestimated and as your said (your words), they do set low fares from ATL. So that means DAL must keep pace.

(Your words) They do a good job of being a thorn, "but they aint that big"

Must I remind you that LUV started with 3 airplanes, and is now the most profitable carrier that exists.

go back to drinking the DAL cool-aid, while you are at it, why don't you go on strike for a pay raise

Thanks for using (my words) so well. I know they set the fares, and we are changing our planes around accordingly to give us higher yeilds on connecting flights. We have plenty more connecting passengers in ATL than Airtran does, so, if we downscale some of our widebody flights to MCO or FLL to narrowbody planes (MD88s and 738s), and that can affect the fares from other places, especially European connections.

And, I know Airtran will get more airplanes. The current question is where they will put them? They seem to have run out of room so far at ATL, and now they are trying to cherry pick routs at other airports, without making a new "hub." I guess MDW is sort of their new "hub", but they are running right into Southwest and their territory, and SW will probably retaliate.

And, the Delta Kool-aid tastes great. Look at the change we have made so far to our INTL, and the domestic side. Big necessary changes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey GL, why don't you guys switch places with Skywest? That way YOU could use Skywest subsidised fuel and finally work for profitable airline. Besides, you won't have a pension at either airline. But pensions aren't importanty anymore are they? You could be Delta, the Skywest connection!

BR549 said:
Hey GL, why don't you guys switch places with Skywest? That way YOU could use Skywest subsidised fuel and finally work for profitable airline. Besides, you won't have a pension at either airline. But pensions aren't importanty anymore are they? You could be Delta, the Skywest connection!

Good one! Yeah, we should do that............Take away the fuel insulation from DL and UA at SkyWest and you would be left with Metros again, flying only to Idaho. Atleast you guys are sharing in the profits over there, right? Right? Maybe SkyWest should be the next "Indy Air" and compete with Southwest on the West Coast with RJs.... Sounds like a winner.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Good one! Yeah, we should do that............Take away the fuel insulation from DL and UA at SkyWest and you would be left with Metros again, flying only to Idaho. Atleast you guys are sharing in the profits over there, right? Right? Maybe SkyWest should be the next "Indy Air" and compete with Southwest on the West Coast with RJs.... Sounds like a winner.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nah, Skywest has a management group who actually know what the hell they're doing. Like getting other companies to sell them fuel for below cost, and signing long term contracts that are the first thing that gets reaffirmed after both UA and DL filed for bankruptcy.

But hey, you're so bitter that you don't recognize reality or humor. Let's see, how many different fights have you picked on this board? Airtran, Jetblue, Comair, and now Skywest.

Somebody has to be responsible for DL's problems, right?

SSDD said:
Nah, Skywest has a management group who actually know what the hell they're doing. Like getting other companies to sell them fuel for below cost, and signing long term contracts that are the first thing that gets reaffirmed after both UA and DL filed for bankruptcy.

But hey, you're so bitter that you don't recognize reality or humor. Let's see, how many different fights have you picked on this board? Airtran, Jetblue, Comair, and now Skywest.

Somebody has to be responsible for DL's problems, right?

No, I agree with you on some of those facts. We have had bad management over the past few years, leading to $10 BILLION in losses. I didn't think anyone could lose that much money. Crazy. But, you need to acknowledge that without the crafty dealings with the fuel insulation, which is good business on your part, your company wouldn't be half as profitable. A lot of your guys love to tout how well your company does, and that is partly because we at the bankrupt carriers are carrying your a$$. Too bad that won't be changed in court. Everyone should have to pay for the extra fuel costs. It inflates your real worth as a company.

And, I don't really "pick fights", rather I debate the truth with people that don't want to hear it. I know we at Delta have a lot of problems too, and I acknowledge that. I think there are a few airlines out there that have good management, and are doing the right things. Do you see me debating the Southwest guys often? Nope. But, if I see something that I think is bogus or needs debating, I will bring it up, with any airline or pilot group. SkyWest has plenty of issues, starting with the 50 seat pay for up to 99 seats. That really started bading things rolling in the regional level. We are going thru paycuts also, but not by choice. It is different with a judge or a threat of "chap 11 tomorrow.." type scenario. If you want to debate me on any Delta issue or Dalpa issue, go right ahead.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Am I there wonderboy? Have you ever had a $10.6 BILLION debt(just pension debt) hanging over you and your company? That is the way it goes. How about I promise you that someday I will buy you the Golden Gate Bridge? Will you believe me too? I bet you would. If our company cannot afford to pay that huge obligation, then they will be DROPPED. Sorry. Idiotic statement, or THE DAM TRUTH? Wake up! Leo Mullin also loses his pension. Everyone does. That is what happens when you cannot afford it anymore. Same will happen at NW, GM, FORD, etc. Empty promises.

Bye Bye--General Lee

yes GL, you are F**king crazy for saying you "dont care" about your pension and "Wouldn't mind" if it went away. keep your idiotic statements to yourself if you don't like me pointing them out. DL will do what it wants to survive and then some...but you not caring or minding if your benifits dissapear is ridiclulous. by you namecalling you seem to be someone who doesn't like it when others dissagree with you.

BYE BYE! LOL

MedFlyer said:
All DL is doing is throwing routes out there and praying that something sticks. Many of these routes have little demand, but DL is desperate so they'll try anything.

And believe it or not General, there are a few airports where Airtran is the largest carriers. They are smaller airports (like CAK/PHF), but Airtran is the largest. And with the way DL is shrinking and Airtran is growing, it won't be long before Airtran becomes the largest carrier in more cities.

Not unless their (AT's) pilots start working for a lot less. Wait and see...

Pilotbob3 said:
yes GL, you are F**king crazy for saying you "dont care" about your pension and "Wouldn't mind" if it went away. keep your idiotic statements to yourself if you don't like me pointing them out. DL will do what it wants to survive and then some...but you not caring or minding if your benifits dissapear is ridiclulous. by you namecalling you seem to be someone who doesn't like it when others dissagree with you.

BYE BYE! LOL

What are you smoking? I like this statement of yours: "keep your idiotic statements to yourself if you don't like me pointing them out." What the heck does that mean? Say again?

As far as my benefits, I think everyone now would be FOOLISH to think there will be a pension waiting for them. You included. That is an empty promise. I think it is important for all of us to invest ourselves to prepare for retirement. I have a Roth IRA, my 401K, and some other deals on the side. I also married rich.

And, I don't mind debating anyone on anything. If you don't like my answers, then don't debate me. We all are allowed to have opinions. You have heard mine. Stay off the Chronic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Originally Posted by MedFlyer
All DL is doing is throwing routes out there and praying that something sticks. Many of these routes have little demand, but DL is desperate so they'll try anything.

And believe it or not General, there are a few airports where Airtran is the largest carriers. They are smaller airports (like CAK/PHF), but Airtran is the largest. And with the way DL is shrinking and Airtran is growing, it won't be long before Airtran becomes the largest carrier in more cities

I am so glad you erased your post before I could answer it. If you read my original post again, I said Airtran wasn't the largest airline in any LARGE airports. Read it again. Sure, they are huge in Bloomington and Newport News. Good. But, as you can see, Airtran and Delta have had some problems with loads as of late, even Airtran is leaving the DFW-LAX market. It is important to find profitable routes, and both Delta and Airtran are looking for those.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back