Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uh?

General Lee said:
And, I don't mind debating anyone on anything. If you don't like my answers, then don't debate me. We all are allowed to have opinions. You have heard mine. Stay off the Chronic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You don't mind debating, AND we are all allowed to have our opinions, but if we don't like your opinions, DONT debate you?

dude, WTF over

quick linkee for the General

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=debate

Value wagon

Air Trailer Tran (VALUE JET) will never take over Hotlanta.

DL has taken a lot on the chin but will make a solid comeback. The DL people (labor groups) are much higher acheivers than UAL, NW, CAL and AA. Granted they all have pros and cons, although DL's major obstacle is to rid itself of notorius bad managment since RON ALLEn. GG may be the turnKey for a long-term future.

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=2777

Taking a page from its past, Delta embarks on new international expansion

Wednesday October 19, 2005

Fourteen years ago, Delta Air Lines made a bad bet on international expansion during a period of heavy losses.Yesterday it raised the ante. In what it described as "the largest international expansion in its history," the bankrupt carrier said it will launch nonstop widebody service from its hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and base at New York JFK to 11 cities in Europe and the Middle East.

The new wave of flights will begin March 27 between Atlanta and Tel Aviv and continue through June 6 when the carrier launches service to Venice. In between, service will be inaugurated between ATL and Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Nice and Athens and between JFK and Budapest, Dublin/Shannon, Manchester and Kiev. The JFK-Kiev service is subject to government approval and the launch date will be announced.

"Next summer's increase in international flying is an integral part of our customer-focused transformation plan," CEO Gerald Grinstein said. "Since January, we have announced our intentions to serve more than 50 new international markets, making Delta the fastest-growing US carrier to Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean and Latin America." By next summer it will serve 66 international markets in 40 countries, making Hartsfield-Jackson the third-largest international hub in North America.

This is not the first time Delta has sought to ease its pain at home with an international fling. In November 1991, fresh off a company record (at the time) loss of $343 million, it acquired substantially all of Pan American World Airways' transatlantic route authorities, with the exception of its London Heathrow services that had been sold to United Airlines, as well as Pan Am's Frankfurt hub and beyond rights to nine cities for $416 million. Overnight it became--as it claims it again is becoming--"the largest transatlantic airline," inaugurating service to 24 cities in 19 countries, the majority of them formerly served by Pan Am.

Unfortunately, things did not work out as planned. Delta lost more than $1.5 billion over the next three years, much of it on its newly acquired services. The Frankfurt base was closed, cities were dropped and by the end of the decade the carrier no longer laid claim to the title of world's largest transatlantic airline.

On Tuesday, Delta said it also plans to update the interiors of its entire international fleet, enhancing its BusinessElite product and introducing an improved domestic coach cabin. To support the new expansion, it may ask its pilots union to permit it to bring back some retired pilots to address staffing shortages, the Associated Press reported.

by Brian Straus and Perry Flint

General Lee said:
What are you smoking? I like this statement of yours: "keep your idiotic statements to yourself if you don't like me pointing them out." What the heck does that mean? Say again?

As far as my benefits, I think everyone now would be FOOLISH to think there will be a pension waiting for them. You included. That is an empty promise. I think it is important for all of us to invest ourselves to prepare for retirement. I have a Roth IRA, my 401K, and some other deals on the side. I also married rich.

And, I don't mind debating anyone on anything. If you don't like my answers, then don't debate me. We all are allowed to have opinions. You have heard mine. Stay off the Chronic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Marrying rich was the smartest thing He ever did. (Looking down inside shorts) You done good!:D

Latest resources

Back