Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to add fuel surcharges to buddy pass tickets!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As capacity continues to lower...buddy passes are pretty much useless...yet the airlines continue to claim they are part of our "compensation package".

From Cle to LAS going thru ATL a few months back, It cost more for a buddy pass then a regular ticket on DL.

I don't even give out buddy passes to people who ask for them anymore and add this to it now and there is no way I'll give one out. I have a hard enough time getting on Delta flights to get to work and back. An S4 has no chance to get anywhere you'd want to go on a Buddy pass these days anyways

Not that I think buddy passes are of any value, but how much more fuel does a flight from Buffalo or Cleveland use to ATL than a flight from Toronto to ATL? But they charge an extra $15 for that extra 100 miles across the border?

As somebody else said, the seat would be empty anyhow! Delta is trying to profit off its employees and their friends. Kind of sad, really. If Delta really thinks buddy passes cost them that much, and employees hate to give them so much, then why doesn't Delta just get rid of them?

I'm sure Delta is just trying to find a way to kill the program. It is just more people sitting around the gate asking stupid questions. Even if it is a couple bucks less to buy a confirmed seat on the web the trouble that Delta goes through dealing with the often less than seasoned travelers more than makes up for the difference.

They probably make money on some of the longer legs and international flights, but i the end all it means is that they will now buy tix and it will be even harder to non-rev.

I don't think Delta's trying to kill the buddy pass system... remember, it's part of our "benefit package!" As Box Office said, it's just a way for Delta to make a quick buck at it's employees expense.

Latest resources

Back