Delta to add flights NYC-ORD-MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

The flying public is generally clueless as to what type of airplane they are flying. Let alone which model derivative. They don't know the difference between a 737-300 or an -800.

Give em' nice new leather seats and they don't give a rats about which version of the 737 they are flying.

YKW

Most frequent flyers do know something about the planes they like or dislike. Most dislike 50 seat RJs, no doubt. But, the E170 has had more positive feedback, with more overhead space and nicer, newer seats, with the first class option. If we are going to have larger RJs with 70 or 76 seats, I prefer them to be nicer, allowing our best customers a more comfortable ride if possible. The E170 has done that so far.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If this is an increase in non DAL flying (commuters), what kind of an effect will it have on potential recalls/ newhires?

These routes aren't really affecting the recalls, since mainline hasn't done JFK to ORD (or MDW at all) since the 727 days. Adding RJs on flights that mainline doesn't fly, in order to determine whether or not we NEED to add mainline service (if the loads and yields merrit it) is fine with me. Same goes for that new CR7 service to Mexico from LAX. Mainline hasn't flown some of those routes since the Western Airlines days. Maybe we can fill up our CR7s and then add a 738 to some of those routes....

Bye Bye--General Lee

If this is an increase in non DAL flying (commuters), what kind of an effect will it have on potential recalls/ newhires?

sorry, duplicate post.....

I doubt ATA will eat anyone ALIVE....

ATA is supplying traffic from LGA to the SWA system via SWA's MDW and HOU hub. This mini battle will be about SWA's and DAL's mileage program more than the type of airplane they are flying on. The additional vacation points that ATA feeds SWA will only help sell SWA's frequent flyers program.

Let's be honest, today DAL has much more to offer execs earning points for their family getaway. I would rather fly DAL only because I want to earn points for my vacation travel, but SWA will catch up.The Jet Blues and AirTrans still have a way to go but consolidation within the LCC's may expedite the process.

Just my humble observation.

It's probably the one and only positive about BK. Try and inflict as much pain on JB as possible as long as the bills don't have to be paid. Whether it's with mainline aircraft or the lowest bidding regional, when the courts are protecting you, there's no accountability for management's decisions. Just remember, at some point people are going to want their money, and 75's and 6's burn a lot more petro chemicals waiting for takeoff than do 320's or 190's.

It's probably the one and only positive about BK. Try and inflict as much pain on JB as possible as long as the bills don't have to be paid. Whether it's with mainline aircraft or the lowest bidding regional, when the courts are protecting you, there's no accountability for management's decisions. Just remember, at some point people are going to want their money, and 75's and 6's burn a lot more petro chemicals waiting for takeoff than do 320's or 190's.

Their assault on JBLU began with SONG. It continues today in Bankrupcty.

Personally, I hate riding as apax in a CRJ or Jungle jet. I had the "privelege" of non-revving on an E-170. I was pleasently surprised by the roominess of it.

I have to second that. Got a last minute ticket out of LGA to MIA last night, was on the 170. As far as comfort, it was great. Being 6'5, I usually hate the commuters, but this was fine.

Now, as far as the last minute walk up one way ticket screening from the TSA, that's another story.

I didn't think you could put that many SSSS'S on the bottom of a ticket!

Hung

They land the Dash on 31L because we keep overtaking the blue aircraft approaching on 31R.

Is it Freedom Air flying those Dash 8s? They're not overtaking, they just cut everyone off from either the air or ground because those 19 year olds don't know the difference between a JetBlue 190 and a JetBlue A320!!!!

Latest resources

Back