Delta to add flights NYC-ORD-MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATA will eat them alive.

Really? Most of their flights to LGA are on older 737-300s, and a couple nicer 737-800s. The E170s are unfortunately newer and probably nicer than those 733s.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, its always fun waiting number 55 for takeoff on 31L waiting for multiple Dash 8s to land...

They were put there for a reason.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, that's funny, we have always had a flight from JFK to ORD, and it used to be a 727 until we parked them after 9-11. Now it is currently flight 5469, a CR7 leaving at 530pm. So, you guys are actually following us. You owe us an apology, since you were WRONG.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry General. That would make it a "DELTA served the route prior to 9/11. Then AFTER that gave it to COMAIR." Big difference between a 727 and a CRJ.

Cheers,
SCR

Regardless of how you feel about mainline vs. regional, the E170 is one of the most comfortable aircraft out there from a pax perspective - even more comfortable than the Airbus (bigger windows, no middle seats, seems more roomy for some reason). I think the LGA-MDW shuttle will be a hit with business people who want to avoid the mess at ORD and get to work faster. Add the comfort of the E170 to the convenience of LGA/MDW and I think you have a compelling service.

I also agree that delays at JFK have been longer than normal lately...

Last edited:
Blue:

I've been flying out of JFK for 10 years now, and I can tell you that since B6 showed up, JFK has gotten horribly worse with long lines for departures and holding on severe clear day VFR arrivals....Before you go and knock those Dash 8's, DL isn't the only one who has feed out of JFK. What about all those rj's that American (Eagle) has?? I didn't even know that UA still had rj's feeding JFK as I thought that they had all but given up on JFK other than SFO/LAX.

Funny. I've been flying out of JFK for over a decade. I don't seem to remember it being bad until we (resigned DAL) stated flying Song out of there. Between expanding Delta and all their commuters, the crappy facilites and apathetic ramp workers, the effect has been the entire Southeast side of the airport being clogged up and at worst, the airspace over NYC backed up. My last three trips up there, we were put into holding, vectored, slowed, etc. for flow into JFK...and we weren't even going to JFK, we were trying to get to secondary airports. It seemed that we mostly heard DAL and it's affiliates on the radio. At least JB doesn't have a gazillion feeder planes running all over creation.

Last edited:
Regardless of how you feel about mainline vs. regional, the E170 is one of the most comfortable aircraft out there from a pax perspective...

Yeah, if you bring earplugs. The wind noise in that thing is horrible. I guess it's the newer, updated WSCOD.

Why all the bitching about JFK; wasn't this commenced on a LGA-MDW thread?

The article mentions increased service between JFK and ORD using CRJ 50s and 70s in addition to the LGA flying. As if JFK needs more traffic.

General,

The flying public is generally clueless as to what type of airplane they are flying. Let alone which model derivative. They don't know the difference between a 737-300 or an -800.

Give em' nice new leather seats and they don't give a rats about which version of the 737 they are flying.

YKW

Last edited:
If this is an increase in non DAL flying (commuters), what kind of an effect will it have on potential recalls/ newhires?

Latest resources

Back