Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wings421 said:
Approx. 73 standard bags.
Therein lies the problem. Nobody traveling international, especially at these prices, has "standard" baggage! I forsee a major problem again with this!
It started with TSA, Now MAG, and there's no way a B1900 will be able to handle the baggage! Why our idiotic management team just can't understand that, who knows. I think using the crj 200 was their best idea yet and you can see how long that lasted!!

Our W&B papers rarely show a high percentage of heavy bags when we do our flights into and out of JFK.

737 Pylt said:
Therein lies the problem. Nobody traveling international, especially at these prices, has "standard" baggage! I forsee a major problem again with this!
It started with TSA, Now MAG, and there's no way a B1900 will be able to handle the baggage! Why our idiotic management team just can't understand that, who knows. I think using the crj 200 was their best idea yet and you can see how long that lasted!!

Just how many bags do you expect a 37 seat airplane to carry?

PGTB said:
Just how many bags do you expect a 37 seat airplane to carry?
It's not how many, but the size of them! If you have a full load of pax going from XXX-JFK all with International size bags, they won't fit! We've had this problem before where bags don't fit and mis connect with international traveling pax!

The people from SVO,BUD,ATH, and even CAI/CMN as well as a few of the other high load counts for bags.

Frozen Ronin said:
Hmmm. That street Dash 8 spot I was just offered now looses some of it's weight....

classic mesa bait & switch. Look at it this way, that was only the first of a chorus line of lies mesa will tell you for the rest of your career. Go somewhere else, anywhere else.

737 Pylt said:
It's not how many, but the size of them! If you have a full load of pax going from XXX-JFK all with International size bags, they won't fit! We've had this problem before where bags don't fit and mis connect with international traveling pax!

We've?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back