Delta Talking to Republic Mesa Can't Provide Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Planes who needs planes !! We gottem

mmmm wonder what happened to all the 135s that were diplaced in fla as a result of someone else under bidding? as i recall there are several running in the ole spare aircraft colors So we dont have a bunch of planes being spares we might actually use them to cover line and produce even a bigger profit Who knows at the end of the year we Republic folks will get atleast a thank you in cash!! Think that might be a good source of planes? Everyone knows there are plenty of 200's around and now that CHQ will be operating them makes ya think, Who the hell needs comair. Face it, like all the others in this industry you are a Pawn to be replaced by the next guys appplication that is accepted!! Its funny when someone is succesful at doing something, someone else has to generate dislike for them. Maybe with all the caos writen about Transtates we will take them over for the planes and pilots And the aviation industry will be one big happy family again

Last edited:
SYX328 said:
Actually it is called rallingnment of flying. The 135's are ending up in JFK. The 145's are doing all other flying and Freedumb gets the boot in OCT.

Suck on that

If you look at Delta's long term sched for the BDL and PVD routes, still DHC8. Just a delay in start up on those cities. The DHC8 delta conneciton deal is being done by mesa at cost. Delta is bankrupt and likes that deal. Just under 1 mil has been paid for by Delta just in DHC-8 tooling in JFK. Leases for 12 aircraft have been signed. Like it or not, Delta is stuck with these aircraft for 2 years. (Length of DCI contract for Freedom DHC8)

saab fixr said:
Maybe with all the caos writen about Transtates we will take them over for the planes and pilots And the aviation industry will be one big happy family again

I'd go for that:cool:

samballs said:
WHY would that make them smart. dumb if you ask me

Because XJET has 69 EMB-145s sitting around, and I'm sure they'll be easy on the price to find a home for them.

saab fixr said:
mmmm wonder what happened to all the 135s that were diplaced in fla as a result of someone else under bidding? as i recall there are several running in the ole spare aircraft colors So we dont have a bunch of planes being spares we might actually use them to cover line and produce even a bigger profit Who knows at the end of the year we Republic folks will get atleast a thank you in cash!! Think that might be a good source of planes? Everyone knows there are plenty of 200's around and now that CHQ will be operating them makes ya think, Who the hell needs comair. Face it, like all the others in this industry you are a Pawn to be replaced by the next guys appplication that is accepted!! Its funny when someone is succesful at doing something, someone else has to generate dislike for them. Maybe with all the caos writen about Transtates we will take them over for the planes and pilots And the aviation industry will be one big happy family again

Live it up while you can, it won't long before someone figures out to under bid you as well. Remember not all that long ago Comair was DALs baby.

samballs said:
WHY would that make them smart. dumb if you ask me

UMMMM.. well 69 frames... great service and on-time performance compared to Mesa... Yeah sounds real dumb.

jumppilot said:
Because XJET has 69 EMB-145s sitting around, and I'm sure they'll be easy on the price to find a home for them.
if im not mistaken, Xjet has to pay an increased lease rate to operate these aircraft, so they wouldn't be that cheap, unless of course they operate them at a loss just to keep them flying.

dal757 said:
UMMMM.. well 69 frames... great service and on-time performance compared to Mesa... Yeah sounds real dumb.

One would think...or would they?

Delta doesn't care about great service and on-time performance. All Delta cares about is offering the poorest quality product their passengers will accept...no better.

Mesa's performance was well known throughout the industry before Delta hired them to replace flying better performing (and somewhat costlier) regionals had been doing for Delta. Delta chose to go the dollar-store route v.s. the department store route.

Mesa...."because were not happy, until your not happy."

Delta... "the only people management hates more than it's employees, are it's customers."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back