Delta Talking to Republic Mesa Can't Provide Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
king10pin02 said:
if im not mistaken, Xjet has to pay an increased lease rate to operate these aircraft, so they wouldn't be that cheap, unless of course they operate them at a loss just to keep them flying.

an increased rate over what was previously paid...not that it is a bad price....after all, CO was the launch customer

John Pennekamp said:
They operate the airlines under the Chinese definition of insanity. Making the same mistakes over and over, but expecting a different result every time.

Seems that definition fits ALPA as well.....

JoeMerchant said:
Seems that definition fits ALPA as well.....

That definition also fits you very well. You keep trying to have influence over the ASA pilots and MEC yet over the years you keep using the same "I am John B. and I have all the answers for you incompetent people if you will just listen to me or put me and LJ in charge of negotiations I can guarantee the results"!! Your method of operations never changes. Your problem is that you can't be trusted because your ego and your I am never wrong attitude makes you unfit to work in a group environment. The first time you don't get your way you turn on those you were working with and you will use misinformation (lies) and public disclosure of confidential information to then try to discredit the majority that you couldn't take control over. You will never change. If you live to be 80 you will be fighting with everyone in the assisted living facility where you were also unsuccessful using the same tactics you have used all your life. You have been told by your older girl friend that you are brilliant and you believe it. That proves that your judgment is suspect and your brilliance is lacking. Many people like you have finally learned to change their behavior and method of operation in order to be able to work within the mainstream on the inside and therefore have some chance of influence over the directions the group takes. You will never be able to do that. Maybe get a lot of counseling and dump your codependent girl friend and realize that if you continue to use the same old tactics and expect a different result you are truly insane.

IMHO I think you don't want to ever be in the leadership of any group because you will have to perform. You would rather stay safely on the outside and tell others in the leadership rolls how screwed up they are because there is no danger in doing so on the outside. You also make so many predictions that you will always profess that you had always been predicting the outcome of a situation with no accountability for your statements! You claim you are holding others accountable with your constant attacks on those who lead. You should realize by now that your mouth and keyboard have others holding you accountable for your actions against the majority. You really need to grow up or you will always find yourself knocking on a closed door. You have turned against those individuals that have given you chances to mainstream and you should never be TRUSTED again.

Last edited:
bvt1151 said:
Is Comair the big winner here? RP will have to get those 135's from somewhere, and only Comair has the aircraft sitting around to take excess demand.

Either way, its always great to hear news about JO screwing up.

Comair may have the A/C, but we don't have enough pilots right now for more flying. They jsut announced hiring 24 pilots a month through the rest of the year, that is great, but those guys that start class this week won't be flying till almost november.

The best part of this story is that Mesa screwed up and is showing DAL, you get what you pay for.

Since mesa screwed up and can't deliver, doesn't that void their contract so that Delta does not have to allow them to fly dashes after all?

wmuflyguy said:
Comair may have the A/C, but we don't have enough pilots right now for more flying. They jsut announced hiring 24 pilots a month through the rest of the year, that is great, but those guys that start class this week won't be flying till almost november.

The best part of this story is that Mesa screwed up and is showing DAL, you get what you pay for.
Chautuaqua, Mesa, Skywest, and ASA are hiring just as many, not to mention that they are bringing on all new aircraft while Comair is losing another 30 or so.

Not saying it will happen, but I think it illustrates Delta's irrationality at devaluing a wholly owned asset even when they're in need of aircraft.

Last edited:
pb1900 said:
Since mesa screwed up and can't deliver, doesn't that void their contract so that Delta does not have to allow them to fly dashes after all?

The way things have been going in ATL due to our woefully incompetent management ASA is in danger of breach of contract with DELTA. It's embarrasing.

Question about the 135

Tim47SIP said:
Tuesday, Republic folks were told, according to one source, "to ramp up."

Ramp what up? Even if they could get the 135's they are really small as well. What a great start here. Delta should have learned by now, you get what you pay for!:rolleyes:
Just wondering what the 135 is capable of handling as far as baggage? Seems no matter who DL contracted for feed in JFK, every a/c had trouble handling all the baggage!

737 Pylt said:
Just wondering what the 135 is capable of handling as far as baggage? Seems no matter who DL contracted for feed in JFK, every a/c had trouble handling all the baggage!

Approx. 73 standard bags.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back